Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

How do you un-wrinkle curtains?

Joined 22-Sep-09

Top Poster
24-Jan-10 5:56 pm

I bought curtains for the nursery from JC Penny - they are energy-saving & thermal. And currently very wrinkled. Package just says to wash warm, but says nothing about ironing. Can I regular iron them? Or steam? Or what?

Domestic goddness I am NOT!Embarrassed

Joined 9-Dec-08

Top Poster
24-Jan-10 5:57 pm

What kind of fabric are they made of?

Baby Boy '00 Baby Boy '02 Baby Boy '04 Baby Girl '06 Baby Boy '09 UC Baby Girl '12 UC 12/13

"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~ Winston Churchill

"Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches." ~ Andy Warhol

Joined 22-Sep-09

Top Poster
24-Jan-10 6:00 pm

Classic_Movie_Queen:

What kind of fabric are they made of?

Cotton

Joined 9-Dec-08

Top Poster
24-Jan-10 6:05 pm

You can iron them then. Put your iron on the cotton setting, and go for it.

Baby Boy '00 Baby Boy '02 Baby Boy '04 Baby Girl '06 Baby Boy '09 UC Baby Girl '12 UC 12/13

"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~ Winston Churchill

"Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches." ~ Andy Warhol

Joined 22-Sep-09

Top Poster
24-Jan-10 6:07 pm

Really? Thought since they had the energy-saving thermal feature, I'd have to be more careful than straight iron. Then again, I have no idea about such things.

Joined 9-Dec-08

Top Poster
24-Jan-10 6:10 pm

Is the thermal part made of synthetic material? If so, then you would have to be careful. If not, you're okay.

Joined 4-Apr-08

Top Poster
25-Jan-10 8:40 am

I have thermal backed curtains from Target and the instructions are to put them in the dryer w/a damp towel on a low/medium heat setting to get the wrinkles out. If they still have wrinkles after that, you can use an iron on a low setting ONLY on the cotton side. I'd probably even go a step further and put a towel between the iron & the fabric. Do NOT use steam and do not use the iron directly on the thermal backing. HTH!

Baby Girl'03 Baby Girl'05 Heartbroken'08 Heartbroken'09  Baby Boy '10 after 14 months of swaying

Page: of 1