Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Ring test

Joined 16-Jan-10

18-Jan-10 9:36 am

Hi Ladies,

I need your help. I have five days until we find out the baby's gender and I am DYING to know!!! My friend, at work, did this test on me and it worked perfectly (that's since I want a girl) and I want to know if it works for you too! Will you PLEASE take this test and let me know if it works for you?? : )

Here's how you do it: Get a ring, and put it on a string. Hold the ends of the string with one hand, and put out the other hand palm up. (You must be sitting up with your hand out in front of you... you don't want your hand over your stomach) Make sure the string isn't twisted so the ring isn't spinning. Hold the ring at the level of your hand, just to the side of your hand and dip it below your hand level three times, then hold it above the center of your palm and wait until it has decided a pattern. IF it is swinging back and forth, it is indicating boy, IF it is swinging in circles it is indicating girl. The pattern should go in the order you have given birth to. Once it has indicated the gender, dip the ring on the side of your hand three more times and try again. Repeat until you dip the ring and it doesn't swing over your hand, that means it has indicated all the children you will have. Note: This does include miscarriages. The strange thing is, for my miscarriage it never picked a gender.

Joined 16-Jan-10

18-Jan-10 9:39 am

HI,

I know the instructions stated miscarriages don't count but I have had a couple of friends say their miscarriages did appear but my miscarriage did not ... has anyone taken this test and have that happen to them.

Tania

Joined 8-Jul-09

Top Poster
18-Jan-10 6:33 pm

Hi Knuckles,

I just did the test!  I did it with a needle and cotton though!  I dont think it really matters.  I wonder if it has something to do with the power of our mind???

It told me 4 boys and a girl and then stopped.  I have 4 boys and am pregnant with my 5th (obviously praying for a girl) and this will be my last pregnancy. 

I did this with my mum a few years back and it told her exactly what she had (cant remember if it included her miscarriage).

I really hope the test is right for me!

Cheers

1999 Baby Bear Boy, 2002 Baby Bear Boy, 2006 Baby Bear Boy, 2008 Baby Bear Boy, 2010 Baby Bear Girl finally complete!

Joined 13-Oct-09

18-Jan-10 10:02 pm

I have always been a firm believer in the ring test!

I have done it a few times now & it says Baby GirlBaby BoyBaby BoyBaby BoyBaby Girl & then stops every time.  It has the first 4 correct & I am 23weeks pregnant with #5, not 100% sure on the gender yet, but 2 different OBs have had a look & could see no sign of boy genitalia, so both think most likely girl, just need to have it confirmed, which hopefully that will be next week.

A friend also did it on me at the start of my pregnancy & it said the same thing, (I hadn't even told her that I had already done it) then she did it on my DH & his results were the same.

As for miscarriages being included....We have done it on my mum & she has had 6 children plus 4 miscarriages & it included all 10 for her, so I'm thinking it does.

Me ~ Anna + DH + Baby Girl 9 + Baby Boy 7 + Baby Boy 5 + Baby Boy 2 + Baby Girl due May 2010 = Completion Paradise 

Due June 5th

Joined 25-Apr-08

Top Poster
19-Jan-10 3:54 am

Mine says Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby Boy then swings Baby Boy for about 2 sec then while i is still swinging it switches to Baby Girl. Im not sure what that means

Baby Boy04Baby Boy07Baby Boy09 Heartbroken10  Baby Girl 28th of April 35+3 weeks Heartbroken Baby Girl June 13 Baby #5 due June 5th

Joined 13-Oct-09

19-Jan-10 5:52 am

xxnataliexx

Mine says Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby Boy then swings Baby Boy for about 2 sec then while i is still swinging it switches to Baby Girl. Im not sure what that means

Twins, I think?

Me ~ Anna + DH + Baby Girl 9 + Baby Boy 7 + Baby Boy 5 + Baby Boy 2 + Baby Girl due May 2010 = Completion Paradise 

Due June 5th

Joined 25-Apr-08

Top Poster
19-Jan-10 6:08 am

MarshmallowKisses:

xxnataliexx

Twins, I think?

I had a scan at 4w 6d and they only saw one sac.

Baby Boy04Baby Boy07Baby Boy09 Heartbroken10  Baby Girl 28th of April 35+3 weeks Heartbroken Baby Girl June 13 Baby #5 due June 5th

Joined 23-Jan-09

Top Poster
19-Jan-10 8:01 am

i have just done this test and it said boy boy girl and then thats it no more kids, i d have 2 sons but im told 3rd and final baby a boy so guess ring test wrong as says girl this time but check out my nub shot, if its not a boy nub wat is it?

Full-size image

Baby Bear Boy 2006 3 days late 8lbs 1 1/2

Baby Bear Boy 2009 2weeks early 9lbs 2

Baby Bear Girl 5 days early 8lbs 4 1/2

Joined 15-Oct-09

19-Jan-10 8:28 am

this is absolutely accurate for me...  it says Baby BoyBaby GirlBaby BoyBaby BoyBaby Girl for me.  the first Baby Girl was a lost pregnancy, but i've always known in my heart that baby was a little girl.  and unless my current baby to be has grown boy parts, it's totally spot on for me!!  i have three boys and a little girl on the way.  :)  when i was pregnant with my now 21 month old, the ring test always went back and forth for boy, from day one...this time, circles circles circles!!  :)

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/a2pCm4.png
                             Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby BoyBaby Girl

Minerva is my cat not my

Joined 14-Oct-06

Top Poster
19-Jan-10 8:38 pm

I tried it, and it said Baby Girl Baby Girl for me and then stopped. We do have one dd already, I still don't know the gender of #2 (but have started thinking girl despite all my best efforts to convince myself it's a boy), and we aren't planning on having any more children after this. Dh did say if we had a boy we could maybe try again for a girl since he messed up our sway, lol, but I think even if we have a boy this time that we will be done. I really think 2 kids is my max.

Baby Girl 3 yrs old  Baby Girl born July 2011  Heartbroken 2/10 @ 13 weeks   Heartbroken mmc 6/10 @ 13 weeks

My timing analysis blog: http://www.ingender.com/cs/blogs/minervasmom/
Take part in my ph study!: http://www.ingender.com/cs/blogs/minervasmom/archive/2009/10/30/ph-study.aspx

Joined 10-Nov-09

Top Poster
20-Jan-10 8:38 am

That is really freaky!  I have BGB and am pregnant with my 4th.  I did this test twice and it was definitely BGBG.  I sure hope it is right.  I even tried it without dipping it everytime and it is crazy how it automatically just stops and starts the other pattern.  My other hand was perfectly still and I did not influence the swing at all.  After these three tries, I thought I'd see if there were any more children in my future and it quit with any pattern, so I guess this is it for me, hopefully BGBG.

? ? ? ?

Joined 23-May-09

Top Poster
20-Jan-10 9:05 am
Mine says Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby BoyBaby Girl and then stops completely. Freaky! I'm currently pregnant with my 3rd son now so if it's correct it means a girl next.  And it didn't count my miscarriage between DS2 and DS3(this baby). Maybe b/c it was an early m/c(baby stopped growing at 6 wks), not sure :) Sure hope it's right and we get our baby girl next!

Baby Bear BoySept 04  Baby Bear BoyApril 08  Heartbroken May 09 Baby Bear BoyApril 10  
Pray God helps us find a way to our Baby Bear Girl but another Baby Bear Boy would be welcome too!

Joined 21-Jan-10

21-Jan-10 9:37 am

I have done variations of this many times and it's always GBB. I have a 3yo daughter and am currently pregnant, hoping it's a boy. Another boy after that would be lovely!

I really hope this is accurate.

Baby Girl 2007

Baby Girl  2010

Tabitha

Joined 30-Nov-09

Top Poster
21-Jan-10 12:55 pm
Was right for my son and right again for this pregnancy..a girl ! Happy  LOL

Our Boy  7 Yrs 11 month Baby BoyHappy Celebrate     Our Girl 3 Yrs 2 month  Baby GirlFlower  

Trying to heal through ex

Joined 10-Apr-08

Top Poster
21-Jan-10 4:03 pm

it was right for me..

photo boybaby_zps21881503.gif(8)  photo boybaby_zps21881503.gif(6.5)  photo boybaby_zps21881503.gif(5.5)  photo babygirl_zps54e18b68.gif (4)

http://swlf.lilyslim.com/XFUzm5.png
Page: of 9