Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Skull Shapes and Gender on Fetal Ultrasound

Full House

Joined 5-Jul-07

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

1-Jan-10 2:14 pm

Just wanted to drop in and remind everyone that skull shapes and gender on fetal ultrasounds is *Just for Fun*.

Sure, a trained anthropologist can tell you the difference on a formed skull in an adult or older child, but on a baby, it really is just a guess.

Why I say this, is that after doing baby ultrasounds for years, I have NEVER once seen any difference in the shape of a skull between genders. Not once.

Many of the characteristics of the skull that are used to determine gender in adult skulls are not even present or *ossified* yet in the womb. These pieces of the skull are still cartilaginous, and still forming. Like cheekbones-you cannot see any zygomatic arches on a fetus-just one example.

Anyway, this is a heads up to take any *skull shape* guesses as just that--guesses. They are 50-50 at best.

Have Fun!!

A lot of great kids, and a full time job mean very little time to play! Miss you all!!
Thank you In-Gender and Maureen for giving me a place to dream, and the tools to chase those dreams<3

Full House

Joined 5-Jul-07

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

7-Jan-10 9:59 pm

Kiss

A lot of great kids, and a full time job mean very little time to play! Miss you all!!
Thank you In-Gender and Maureen for giving me a place to dream, and the tools to chase those dreams<3
Page: of 1