Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Collaboratos listed on GIVF site

Joined 14-Dec-09

Top Poster
29-Dec-09 8:13 pm

There is a collaborator local to me.  Who has used collaborars for PGD/IVF after having MS done?  I am thinking it would be easier travel and expense wise to use a local collaborator.  I am in the mid US so traveling to either HRC or GIVF would require airfare.

I am just wondering if the majority just goes to GIVF or HRC or how many have successfully used a collaborator instead.

Joined 6-Feb-09

29-Dec-09 9:43 pm

I used a local collaborator in WA state for my December 2009 cycle and have a BFP!

Joined 8-Jun-07

Top Poster
30-Dec-09 11:19 am

I used a local collaborator. 

To do so, you will be using frozen MS.  Do a search on Frozen MS sperm and you will get lots of info and advice.  

Good luck.  

3Baby Boy's

1Baby Girl MS/PGD/IVF

Joined 5-Sep-07

30-Dec-09 11:26 am

I was wondering the same thing. I was planning on going to HRC in CA.  I even have all my meds, but then remembered the local collab.  in PA.  I live in Ohio, so the stress of flying to CA and staying for 10-12 days is overwhelming.  I am waiting to see how much the local collab. charges for IVF and PGD.  Any advice??  Do you think freezing the sperm is hard on it?

Wendy Cutie Hearts

Baby Boy 1999 Baby Boy 2001 Baby Boy 2004

Baby Boy 2012 Baby Girl 2012

Joined 6-Oct-05

30-Dec-09 11:49 am

I used a local collaborator in NY and got a BFP with twins from a FET . I used frozen sperm on a few of my cycles and had just as good of a result as with fresh sperm.   

Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby Boy  Baby GirlBaby Girl MS/IVF/FET 9/22/09 ~   BFP !!!  With TWIN GIRLS!!  born 5/13/10

Joined 14-Dec-09

Top Poster
30-Dec-09 7:12 pm

Thanks for the responses ladies!

I am lucky that a collaborator is just about 15 minutes away from me.  When I told my OB that I am considering Microsort she said she thinks our local fertility institute doest that.  I explained about MS only being at 2 clinics but she said I should look into it.  I think she just meant that the local place does PGD/IVF, which they do and then I saw that one of the doctors is a collaborator.

I have 2 young boys so I think it would be easiest to do this locally, besides the MS.  My youngest is 3 months old and I am breastfeeding.  As soon as he weans we are getting this all set up.

Smart is the new hot

Joined 27-Dec-09

Top Poster
30-Dec-09 7:17 pm

For some reason when I clicked the collaborator link it sent me to an error page. Am I doing it wrong?

I have a consultation set up in two weeks with a clinic that is a 4 hour drive from me (not bad) but if I could find a local collaborator that would be sooo much better. Plus, I'd be interested in knowing the price difference, if any. Gosh, I hate to sound like I'm comparison shopping when it comes to something as important as a child but if the monetary difference was significant, it would matter to us.

Taking an IG break

My best wishes to all TTC and congrats to all that get their babies

Page: of 1