Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

What does a fork in the nub mean..boy or girl???

Joined 4-Aug-08

12-Nov-09 12:19 pm
I had my 12week scan a couple of weeks ago and I asked the tech about the nub and if she would guess the gender. She wouldn't tell me, for fear of getting peoples hopes up and she wouldn't print off a pic of the nub, b/c baby wasn't cooperating, but she did say that there was a division like a fork in the nub and that is all that she would say. WHAT THE HECK DOES THIS MEAN????

Joined 8-Nov-09

Top Poster
12-Nov-09 1:06 pm

My baby's nub has a fork also and I was wondering the same thing.  I believe in the beginnng of this forum under must read, CC states that boys and girls can both have a forked nub.  The US tech guessed that I'm having a girl, I hope she is right.  Good luck to you.

Baby Bear Boy2002  Baby Bear Boy2005  Baby Bear Boy2008

MS IUI 90% girl sort.....BFP

expecting Baby Bear Girl due May 16th 2010!!!

Joined 4-Aug-08

12-Nov-09 1:08 pm
Thank you MyNana for responding. I read that too, so I was confused why the tech would tell me this, unless she was trying to be funny or toy with me ;0(

Joined 8-Nov-09

Top Poster
12-Nov-09 1:15 pm

That is strange that she would mention it, if it didn't indicate a particular gender.  Hopefully someone who knows will chime in with some answers.  Did you do family balancing?  I did ms iui 90% girl sort, so am hoping for a daughter after 3 sweet boys.  

Joined 4-Aug-08

12-Nov-09 7:27 pm
No, I didn't do anything. We actually only planned for one of our kids ;0) .With our daughter we tried for 6 months nothing was happening, so I decided to go back to school and after I registered for classes I became pregnant ;0) I got pregnant with our first son on my period (sorry if TMI) and our second son I got pregnant on the pill, this is our fourth and I got pregnant 2 days before my expected period. I guess I am fertile myrtile. My hubby has an appointment to see his doctor, if you know what I mean, before we have this baby ;0) Our daughter and oldest son would love a sister. Our parents too. Our daughter is the only granddaughter out of 8 grandchildren, so I secretly hope for a girl for everyone else, also boys names are so tough for my husband and I, so naming the baby would be a lot easier ;0) I don't think we are going to find out, just b/c I don't want to disappoint anyone early on (horrible I know, but family members all ready think it is a boy and are already showing signs of disappointment). I am due a day before you ;0) Good luck with your baby and hope you hear pink in a few weeks ;0)

Joined 5-Sep-09

Top Poster
12-Nov-09 7:48 pm

Hey not trying to sound like Polly Pissypants but i've been told a fork can be in either boy or a girl...

Baby Boy August 04 Baby Boy January 07  Baby Girl April 10

Joined 4-Aug-08

12-Nov-09 7:54 pm
You are not sounding like a Polly Pissypants, though I may use that name once in a while for my husband, just Peter Pissypants ;0) I read that a fork can be either boy or girl and looking at all of the confirmed boy and girl nubs, most have a fork, so I figured it could go either way. I was just wondering why mention it, unless she was confirming to me again, that she saw the nub ;0) I didn't know if "typically" a fork in the nub is this one gender. Thanks for your ladies input though, now I can stop obsessing over what she "didn't" say, okay probably not, but thank you again.

Joined 8-Nov-09

Top Poster
12-Nov-09 10:01 pm

Wow, you really are fertile myrtle!  My husband is visiting the "doc" after this baby is born too.  I have heard from several people that 4 is a good number to have, that no child is ever alone, or the typical middle child.   Since our due dates are so close, we will probably find out the gender at about the same time.  I hope we both hear pink!

Joined 21-Jan-09

Top Poster
13-Nov-09 4:03 am

my babys nub picture had a fork too, so like you was wondering if more fork nubs turn out to be boys or girls, however it does seem to be 50/50 so unfortunately no signs there! Im wondering if the nub forks when its at the stage of changing into the boy/girl parts?

good luck hope you hear pink x

My princess Aaliyah is here, how lucky am i x

Kieran 8Baby Bear Boy  Ryan 7Baby Bear Boy  Heartbroken 05/04  Ellis 5Baby Bear Boy  Jamie 4Baby Bear Boy  Heartbroken 08/09  Aaliyah  Baby Bear Girl

Suprise baby on the way edd 31/01/2012 Lilypie Maternity tickers>
Page: of 1