Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

5 Months Today!

Joined 19-Oct-09

12-Nov-09 9:26 am

Andrew is 5 months old today! Hard to believe. Time if flying by!

Heartbroken 7/2005

Baby Bear Boy 6/2006

Baby Bear Boy 6/2009

Joined 3-Sep-08

Top Poster
12-Nov-09 12:36 pm
Congratulations! Ryan's a little younger, so we have a couple of weeks left until he turns 5 months.

Baby Boy Baby Boy May 2006

Baby Boy June 2009 - A medication-free VBAC

Joined 19-Oct-09

12-Nov-09 1:14 pm

Mochagirl:
Congratulations! Ryan's a little younger, so we have a couple of weeks left until he turns 5 months.

I just realized that your twins are only a month older than my DS#1. You are a SAHM right? How do you handle three kids at home? I work and the time I do have with my 3 year old is stressful. He is such a handful!

Heartbroken 7/2005

Baby Bear Boy 6/2006

Baby Bear Boy 6/2009

Joined 3-Sep-08

Top Poster
12-Nov-09 5:32 pm
I won't lie - having 3 kids under 4 isn't easy. However, we're starting to get into a routine, which I admit involves a little TV-time for my older boys while Ryan naps just so I can get some things done around the house. I've also mastered the art of bringing all 3 with me on my errands, though you should see the looks I get going through the grocery store with 3 kids stuffed into a cart! :)

Joined 19-Oct-09

13-Nov-09 8:54 am

Oh that is funny!! I can see that cart now! No room for groceries though. DS#1 would not watch tv at all until about 9 months ago. Now we let him watch some before bedtime. Mainly so we can get dishes cleaned up from dinner and try to prepare for the next days lunches and bottles for daycare. Otherwise the house looks like a tornado went through it and the dishes never get done.

Are the twins potty trained? We are having a terrible time getting him potty trained. We have tried everything. He just doesn't care if he pees his pants. He is finally poop trained now, which is wonderful. I just got to the point where I was throwing away the poop underwear. Couldn't handle scrubbing them out all the time.

Heartbroken 7/2005

Baby Bear Boy 6/2006

Baby Bear Boy 6/2009

Joined 3-Sep-08

Top Poster
14-Nov-09 4:26 pm
We've had a horrible time with potty training. I managed to get one of the boys trained back in May, and it took only 3 days and was going so well...then Ryan was born, and in the confusion he somehow ended up back in diapers full-time. Fast forward several months, and they were resisting every effort to get them trained. They started a preschool where they were supposed to be potty trained, and they just wore pull-ups there. I finally decided to throw all the pull-ups away, and go with only underpants at home and cloth training pants while out of the house. It's taken a few weeks, but I think they're both finally getting it. They still have accidents, and I have to remind them (and often bribe them) to go, but at least I don't have 3 in diapers anymore - it was just TOO much!

Joined 19-Oct-09

16-Nov-09 8:50 am

We stared back in March trying to potty train. Too away the pullups and diapers. He did ok for a little while, then I was bring home 4-5 backs of wet clothes a day from daycare. So when I had Andrew, I just couldn't deal any more. So he went back in pullups for the summer. Once I got back to work, then we put him back in underwear again. He has been in underwear for 2 months straight now. He still pees his pants unless you constantly remind him. They even have a timer set for him at daycare. At almost 3 1/2 years old, you would think he would hate having wet pants. He doesn't seem to care though. Everybody tells me he will do it when he is ready. At this rate, I will be waiting a long time. LOL!!! We bribe him too. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It is funny though, I didn't realize how much I hated changing his diaper until Andrew came along. There is a big difference in size!! A 3yr olds diaper is so much grosser than a newborns diaper!

Heartbroken 7/2005

Baby Bear Boy 6/2006

Baby Bear Boy 6/2009

Joined 3-Sep-08

Top Poster
16-Nov-09 9:13 am

Your ds sounds a lot like my boys.  When they wet themselves, they don't care - they'll just keep on playing! One of them seems to be finally getting it now, but the other one just yesterday did a full pee (not just a few drips) on my sofa!  I think I need to get my whole house decontaminated when this potty training is done! Tongue Tied

I have a worse problem with poops.  Both of them are night poopers - they do it in their sleep.  They'll sleep all night with a poop in their diaper, and it's horrible trying to clean it in the morning.  We currently have a huge bribe goingjust to get them to poop on the potty...or even just poop while they're awake.

Joined 19-Oct-09

16-Nov-09 2:45 pm

Yah, they just don't care if they are wet. He did a full pee on our sofa last week. I was so mad too. We had just asked him to go potty and he said he didn't have too. He was just too busy watching cartoons. Well, I tell ya, those cartoons were turned off real quick!

Oh my, that does not sound fun! I am surprised at age 3 they poop in their sleep. I bet that is a huge mess. DS#1 was a nap pooper for a while. We would put him in his room for quiet time. He would poop then fall asleep. One time he tried to change his own poopy pullup. OMG!! It was awful! He had it all over his bed. And the bummer to top it off is he had already fallen asleep. I had to ruin his nap and wake him up. That was a rough afternoon! Hopefully Ryan and Andrew will be easier to potty train!

Heartbroken 7/2005

Baby Bear Boy 6/2006

Baby Bear Boy 6/2009

Page: of 1