Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Cradle cap

Joined 21-May-09

Top Poster
8-Nov-09 1:31 pm

* Anyone elses babies have/had crade cap?

Bryce had a bit of dry scalp so I let it go as all my babies have dry skin at some point. I bathed him one night with his Johnsons Body Wash and he got a crust of yellow hard stuff on his scalp. I left it for a while thinking it will just go away if I let it be. Well it didnt. I went online to look up ways to rid of it, I heard of baby oil, Olive Oil, Almond Oil...all those oils made Bryces scalp red and pimply looking so I stopped doing that.

* Anyone elses babies scalp do that with the oils?

I found that if i bathed him then brush his scalp with his baby brush gently then put Johnsons baby lotion on his scalp the cradle cap went away and no redness or pimply bumps appeared.

* I find that odd as lotion isnt for the scalp, right?

* Anybody got some good cradle cap remedies for babies with sensitive skin?

Hugs Violet Annick Hugs Violet

Baby BoySEAN 16 Baby BoyJUSTIN 12 Baby BoyKEVIN 11 Baby BoyJAYSON 10 Baby BoyBRYCE 3 Baby BoySETH 2 Baby Boy Kade (7/2012)

Heartbroken94(6wks) Heartbroken95(8wks) Heartbroken99(15wks) TL 4/03 TR 5/08 Heartbroken08(6wks)

Heartsmarried 12/30/2006

Bazinga!!!!!

Joined 19-Jul-07

Top Poster
8-Nov-09 1:46 pm

All my kids had cradle cap. I used olive oil and then combed out the flakes and washed the hair but with this baby I said forget it! The doctor said it does not bother them so I just let it be.

always tired...never bore

Joined 10-Dec-06

Top Poster
8-Nov-09 1:50 pm

Mustela shampoo was the only thing that worked for my very bald, very cradle-capped ds2.

Baby Boy~Baby Boy~Baby Girl        ~BLESSED~

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were big things.   -- Robert Brault

"We either make ourselves miserable,
  or we make ourselves strong. 
    The amount of work is the same."
                                        ~Carlos Castaneda

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Joined 14-Jul-09

Top Poster
8-Nov-09 1:53 pm

Elijah had it so bad, here's what I did:

At night smother has scalp in Avent Magic cream and work it in to the hair,

In the morning wash it with a cradle cap shampoo-I used Dentinox.

Keep going with it everyday and night, it worked a treat for El!Happy Smile 

Joined 26-Nov-08

Top Poster
8-Nov-09 3:50 pm
Evie hasn't got it as yet but unbelievably ds (aged 3) has started with it. Using dentinox shampoo and olive oil. X
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby Boy Harry 2006     Baby Girl Evie Rose 2009 Thank you IG.  I'm thrilled!!

Think Blue

Joined 9-Apr-09

Top Poster
8-Nov-09 6:36 pm

Olive oil worked fine for mine, but DD2 had it a little worse than the first and the doctor told me to use neutrogena tgel and that worked PERFECT.. I wouldn't leave it because it can get hard like and start to take their hair out in patches

Mommy to Baby Bear Girl  Baby Bear Girl Baby Bear Girl Baby Bear Boy

Joined 5-Jun-09

Top Poster
8-Nov-09 7:14 pm

cradle cap is a form of eczema.....try using an oatmeal based baby wash...I use aveeno baby wash, all my boys have eczema and that is what I have used for years and it has warded off needing the creams and oils..

Baby Girl02/1991 adopted on 03/09/2007 Baby Boy A.J. 12/2000, Baby Boy Noah 11/2002, Baby Boy Jackson 8/2007, Heartbroken 2/14/2009, Heartbroken 18 weeks

Joined 21-May-09

Top Poster
9-Nov-09 7:44 pm

It happened to my kids that it came out in patches if i left it alone and it bled if i left it. This little one I want to make sure I get rid of it befor it becomes a problem. My 4th son still has it in small patch on his scalp and he goes bald there if he picks it off, hes 6 years old.

Baby BoySEAN 16 Baby BoyJUSTIN 12 Baby BoyKEVIN 11 Baby BoyJAYSON 10 Baby BoyBRYCE 3 Baby BoySETH 2 Baby Boy Kade (7/2012)

Heartbroken94(6wks) Heartbroken95(8wks) Heartbroken99(15wks) TL 4/03 TR 5/08 Heartbroken08(6wks)

Heartsmarried 12/30/2006

Joined 21-May-09

Top Poster
9-Nov-09 7:47 pm

daniellek125:

cradle cap is a form of eczema.....try using an oatmeal based baby wash...I use aveeno baby wash, all my boys have eczema and that is what I have used for years and it has warded off needing the creams and oils..

hmm i will get DH to pick some up and see how that works on him. DH has psoriasis and I have exzema, no wonder this little guy has sensitive skin. all my kids do for that matter. I can only shave my legs with the Aveeno shave gel, all others dont work as well as that. I should of known to pick that up when I was pregnant for my little guy instead of the typical Johnsons kind.

Heartsmarried 12/30/2006

Page: of 1