Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

worried about my fifth cutie...UPDATE

~for my 5 cuties~

Joined 23-Feb-08

Top Poster
8-Nov-09 9:46 am

WorriedI am superstitious so I have avoided posting this but I can't take it anymore. I have to get this out. So I got my + hpt on Oct 15. I got my betas done and they were 54, 111, then 5 days later 2000 at 19 dpo, then I go to my genetic counselor appointment where they do an ultrasound. I was 5 weeks 5 days when I went to the scan. They saw a gestational sac and yolk sac and what they called a start of a fetal pole but could not verify that. Then I saw on the screen I was measuring 4 weeks and 6 days but they kept saying 5 weeks even. Then I started worrying instantly. 5 days off and it freaked me out. They said could be a late implanter and it's fine. I am sorry but late implanter is impossible or I would never have gotten a + hpt and my betas wouldn't have shown anything if baby wasn't implanted yet but they said it's normal to be off a few days and they weren't worried so I left and tried not to think about it. Didn't work. I called my doc and asked for another beta. By this time it was  27 dpo and I went in and I also seen my doc the next day so he shows me the chart and it says 7262 8 days later from 2000. He acts like he is just thrilled with this number and when he shows me heart stops. I avoided asking why it hadn't doubled, Idk why, I guess I didn't want the answer. Then he says well your not as far along as you thought, and I tell him not possible, blah blah blah. He sets me up for another U/S next Monday, not tomorrow when I will be almost 8 weeks by LMP to verify pregnancy. I know they wouldn't be able to see heartbeat in the 5th week but the fact that I was measuring behind has me freaked out. Then I call the genetic counselor where they referred me for NT scan and the quad screen, to ask them how far along I had to be to set up the quad and she calls me back on Friday and says usually about 15-16 weeks and starts to try to figure out what day that would be out loud and says so you were 4 weeks 3 days when you came in, I interrupted her and said "um no, I was 5 weeks 5 days measuring 5 weeks according to them". It wasn't the doc that did the scan but her partner, so she says well she put 4 weeks 3 days and your due date July 9th. I said absolutely not possible! Why would they tell me 5 weeks then put that in the chart? I keep telling myself someone had to have made a mistake in the report, they wouldn't lie to me like that. I say there is no way I am due July 9th. If I was due July 9th then I would've gotten pg on Oct 15th. I took my hpt test that day. Then I said, "no somethings wrong, this doesn't make sense and I start to tell her when my betas where done and when I took my test and that 9 days off cannot be right" By this time she stops talking and refers to my doc. Idk wth is going on but I am freaked out. That doc that called me back has to be wrong or someone made a mistake in my chart right? They can't lie to your face like that can they? And the thing with my doc is he was reading the same report she was and he never acted like there was anything to worry about and I was just being paranoid. I have a few symptoms but not many; headaches, tmi constipation, light headedness, and cramping. No nausea yet. My doc asked me how I feel and I said fine then he says "well that's good" and I said "no, that's the problem if I felt pg maybe I wouldn't worry so much" so he thinks I am nuts but with all these different things conflicting I am loosing it. I can't wait another week with this worry. I haven't spotted or anything so that makes me feel better but if my babies 9 days behind instead of the 5 like they originally said then it's not growing anymore. That's the only possibility. It stopped growing not implanted late blah blah. Late implantation with the documentation I have of early implantation is not possible and i don't know why they keep trying to shove that down my throat because I am not going for it. I feel like going to the hospital and tell them I have been spotting to get another U/S I can't take this waiting I just want to know wth is going on. What should I do?

Hearts Momma to many precious children who are the loves of my life! Hearts 

Joined 11-Feb-08

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

8-Nov-09 9:52 am

I would be cautiously optimistic.  I had dating problems with my blighted ovum and I never seemed to get the straight answer.  Your beta defintiely didn't double so that is why I say to be cautiously optimistic and to be measuring behind also makes me nervous ONLY because this is exactly what happened to me.  I know you don't like people to beat around the bush with you so that is why I am telling you this, not to be negative but to give you my honest opinion.  Hopefully everything will be just find and it was just a slow grower!

~for my 5 cuties~

Joined 23-Feb-08

Top Poster
8-Nov-09 9:56 am

thanks michaela, I know I brought that up to my nurse about the numbers and she said once they get to 6000 they stop doubling every 2 days and more like 5 days. Whatever. I am so frustrated right now. I have never had this happen before and there are too many things. I just need to know one way or another. And yes, I hate people beating around the bush and thats all they're doing it seems. What exactly is a blighted ovum?

Joined 15-Aug-08

Top Poster
8-Nov-09 10:03 am

ugh I'm so sorry you are going through this hun. You know your dates and if something is bothering you demand a u/s. If they won't do it I would go to the hospital just to get some answers. I'm very inpatient though Embarrassed. Not to scare you but when I had my m/c I was put through the same thing, everyone keep telling me I was not far along as I though and I was impossible I know my dates. I had three u/s to confirm but I had to push for them and the waiting sucked. In my heart I knew something was wrong and I had a big lack of pg symptoms but no spotting.

All my prayers and positive thoughts that babe is healthy Pray I know u/s can be off and maybe the machine yours was done on was older or the tech got it wrong. I'm not sure about the beta's though Confused Huh?

Please keep us updated ((HUGS))

Joined 15-Aug-08

Top Poster
8-Nov-09 10:04 am

BTW mine was also a blighted ovum Sad

~for my 5 cuties~

Joined 23-Feb-08

Top Poster
8-Nov-09 10:09 am

sunnyinflorida:

ugh I'm so sorry you are going through this hun. You know your dates and if something is bothering you demand a u/s. If they won't do it I would go to the hospital just to get some answers. I'm very inpatient though Embarrassed. Not to scare you but when I had my m/c I was put through the same thing, everyone keep telling me I was not far along as I though and I was impossible I know my dates. I had three u/s to confirm but I had to push for them and the waiting sucked. In my heart I knew something was wrong and I had a big lack of pg symptoms but no spotting.

All my prayers and positive thoughts that babe is healthy Pray I know u/s can be off and maybe the machine yours was done on was older or the tech got it wrong. I'm not sure about the beta's though Confused Huh?

Please keep us updated ((HUGS))

Ya this just sucks. It wasn't an old machine. It was really new but they did a transvaginal one and they said with those the numbers can be off. Idk. I'll probably go in to the hospital when dh wakes up. I just want to know something. Can someone explain a blighted ovum?

Joined 15-Aug-08

Top Poster
8-Nov-09 10:33 am

It could be the machine try and not get too worried, I know that easer said than done.

With mine I thought I was 8 weeks and on the u/s it showed only a gestational scan and a yolk sac it measured 5 weeks 6 days. No HB or fetal pole, I had another u/s a week later and there was growth but no HB. My beta's were doubling and over 6000 so there should of been a fetal pole and HB. I had one more u/s right before my D&E just to confirm since I had no bleeding. If you google blighted ovum you will find a lot of info. I would go get a u/s just to ease your mind at least you would know. I will be thinking of you Hearts

http://miscarriage.about.com/od/onetimemiscarriages/p/blighted_ovum.htm

http://sharedjourney.com/articles/blightedovum.html

~for my 5 cuties~

Joined 23-Feb-08

Top Poster
8-Nov-09 10:45 am

Thanks for those links. I'm going to the hospital. I can't take the waiting. I also can't take these headaches so maybe they will do something about that. Ill let ya know how it goes. I'm scared.

Joined 16-May-08

Top Poster
8-Nov-09 1:40 pm

http://www.betabase.info/showBasicChart.php?type=Single

looking at this website 7000 what ever it was at 27dpo looks great ...hope you get god news soon x

9.11.08 transfered 2 x Baby Girl BFN  07.07.09 transfered 2 x Baby Girl BFP.... both with UKCFA- heard H/B with my own doppler @ 9w4d.....yay

Joined 15-Aug-08

Top Poster
8-Nov-09 2:28 pm

I'm praying for you I hope you come back with great news!!! PrayHeart

Joined 10-Jul-09

Top Poster
8-Nov-09 3:24 pm

any news??????

Anya

Joined 6-Aug-09

Top Poster
8-Nov-09 3:29 pm
I had same thing. I am 100% sure about my dates and on first app I was 9 weeks and they did the U/S and baby measured 8 weeks and they even changed my EDD from april 28h to may 4th. And it is impossible because I had + hpt 7 dpo. It never happened to me ,if something my babies were bigger than dates not smaller.
2006 Photobucket 2008 Photobucket 2010 PhotobucketPhotobucket ig.oneway@gmail.com Hoping for one more Baby Bear Girl or Baby Bear Boy in the future Hearts

Joined 19-May-09

Top Poster
8-Nov-09 3:35 pm

Oh, honey, I don't know much about the betas but I am so sorry you are stressed...

~for my 5 cuties~

Joined 23-Feb-08

Top Poster
8-Nov-09 4:28 pm

WE HAVE A HEARTBEAT!!!!!!Happy Celebrate OMG what a beautiful site! Fetal pole and heartbeat was 106, which is very low but I know it varies alot and it just started to beat and being so small I am OK with that! OMG I am so freakin relieved and happy. I just kept telling myself God wouldn't do this to me after the year I have had and praying the whole way there. I was positive they were going to tell me there was still just a gestational sac and yolk sac. I was numb about it too, I had convinced myself the worst had happened but thank God it didn't.

Now that I got the good news out I do have some bad news but I need a bitch moment for a second. IDIOTS!!!! I am measuring right on my dates at 6 weeks 2 days. I so wish I could go off on somebody right now for a freaking week of worry for nothing. Do they not know how important stuff like this is? I know no one is perfect but damm I have been a stressed out mess. Someone made a mistake somewhere along the road and I am pretty sure it happened at that U/S with Genetic Counselor. Idk if there machine sucked or they just did but I would think with it being a brand new hospital they would have the best stuff. 9 days behind, wth???? OK I am done.. UGH....

I don't know what happened with my betas. I know the level it was at was right on for my dpo but with my 3rd being so high in 5 days time it should've been higher when I did the 4th one if you ask me. I almost think they gave me the wrong results because I played around with the beta website calculator thing and if it kept doubling from the 111 it would be perfect where the numbers are now. Idk, they said that giving me the wrong results is not possible but Idk how it can rise that much in 5 days if I am not having triplets and then rise so slow after.

Now the bad news, I guess the cramping I am having only on the left constantly up until today is because I have a cyst(sp?) on my left ovary which they called a corpus luteum. I have heard that term before but I've never experienced it before so I will have to google it but I guess something happens when the egg is released causing a cyst. Also, the radiologist that read my U/S report said where my placenta is growing and trying attach to my uterus is bleeding a little bit between them so I don't what that's about. Anyone experience this? I may have to start a new thread to see if anyone knows anything about that but thanks girls for praying and thinking about me. When she said it had a heartbeat, I took in the biggest breathe of air not realizing I was holding my breathe, then I started laughing that nervous laughter/half crying out of joy thing. They also gave me something for pain which I hate having to take but I am only going to take one today even though they told me every 4 hrs but I am just not comfy with that just to take the edge off.

Joined 21-Jan-09

Top Poster
8-Nov-09 4:32 pm

I just wanted to say YAY!!!!!!!  A heartbeat!!!!! I am so happy for you.  You must have been terrified :(
 I don't know about your other question though, sorry.

Hugs VioletBaby GirlHugs VioletBaby BoyHugs VioletBaby GirlHugs Violet

Page: of 2