Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Jack or Jill test?

Joined 23-Jul-09

7-Nov-09 8:31 pm

Has anyone ever heard of this test? I'm in Houston and the Center for Medical Genetics here offers it as part of the nucheal scan.  It sounds a lot like TMPOB to me.  They take your blood and fill in 5 circles on a piece of paper.  They send it off and have the results of the gender in 7 days.  It's supposed to be a fetal dna test where they look for fetal dna in the mother's blood.  They claim it is 98% accurate  and my OB says it has only been wrong for one of her patients (out of hundreds).

I had it done with DS2 and it was right. I had it done again this time and it said boy again and I was sooooo hoping (and so convinced) it was a girl.  I'm actually hoping someone has heard about this test and maybe even it was wrong for someone.  I don't know how it could be wrong as it was done in a lab and well, I dont' have a Y chromosome and obviously they saw one.  But I'm still hoping.  I have a confirmation u/s in a few weeks. 

Nicole

Gigm99

Baby Boy  DS 1 is 4 1/2  Baby Boy DS 2 is 3 years....swayed for a Baby Girl but got another sweet  Baby Boy  now 18 months! We were done, but God had other plans.  Our little surprise is due in March Baby Boy.  Four amazing boys.

Joined 21-Jan-09

Top Poster
7-Nov-09 8:34 pm

http://www.tellmepinkorblue.com/Gender-Testing-FAQs.php#GeneralQ1

It sounds like the TMPOB (tell me pink or blue) test.  I'm not sure how accurate it is but hopefully some others will chime in and give you hope.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070805091816AAbSLRI

Found the forum on this....

http://www.in-gender.com/CS/forums/130.aspx

You still have hope, I think :)

Hugs VioletBaby GirlHugs VioletBaby BoyHugs VioletBaby GirlHugs Violet

Skanded

Joined 14-Dec-08

Top Poster
8-Nov-09 10:13 am

Haven't heard of this before!

J & S- 12/31/99 = Baby Boy A- 8/9/02  Baby Boy B- 10/10/08 & Baby Girl C- 1/17/10

Joined 23-Jul-09

9-Nov-09 1:40 pm

just bumping

Gigm99

Baby Boy  DS 1 is 4 1/2  Baby Boy DS 2 is 3 years....swayed for a Baby Girl but got another sweet  Baby Boy  now 18 months! We were done, but God had other plans.  Our little surprise is due in March Baby Boy.  Four amazing boys.

Joined 7-May-08

10-Nov-09 5:13 am

hi did you have to go into the clinic for this test or did you do it at home and send it in? I think if you actually went into the clinic it is likely to be accurate I know of one lady that had a correct result from them and her OB also recommended it. Hope they are wrong for you on this occasion.

Joined 23-Jul-09

10-Nov-09 7:43 am

Thanks I went into the clinic.  I'm pretty sure it's right.  My OB said it had only been wrong for one of her patients ever.  So I'm just accepting that this is going to be boy #3! :)

Gigm99

Joined 5-Jun-07

12-Nov-09 1:53 am
I had it done in Houston at the CMG also when they did my NT scan. It was right for me. My doctor told me it has been right for all of her patients. I also had boy #3. Good news is, they have a very good ultrasound machine and tech and they confirmed the test for me by ultrasound about a week after I got the test results. Didn't have to wonder for long if the test was right or not. Good luck.

Joined 23-Jul-09

12-Nov-09 7:50 am

Thanks etopf.  I'm pretty convinced it's right.  I have the confirmation ultrasound the Tuesday before Thanksgiving so not too much longer.  Three boys...I'm in shock! ;-)

Gigm99

Joined 4-Nov-09

2-Mar-10 4:33 pm

I googled it and only found one other person (who basically said the same thing as OP. When I googled Center for Medical Genetics, it sent me to this website, which talked about their prenatal gender test:

http://www.geneticstesting.com/gendertest/gendertest.htm

They don't give any specifics, and say to call for details, but it appears they allow you to do it through the mail? Not sure...

Lisa

#1  4/14/03      #2  8/03/04   

Expecting #3 09/23/10

Vote on my baby names:

http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9755359

Joined 20-Dec-06

Top Poster
25-Mar-10 11:36 am

Ok, I just might have to make a drive to Houston for this, LOL!!!  I live in San Antonio, so about a 3hr. drive (one way) but to know by 12wks. would be soooo worth it!! ;)

I just called them, they said it's 99% accurate and you can come in at 11wks. and get results 7-10 days later!

Our family is COMPLETEHearts Thank you God!!

Joined 20-Dec-06

Top Poster
25-Mar-10 12:13 pm

Kid-a-gins:
They don't give any specifics, and say to call for details, but it appears they allow you to do it through the mail? Not sure...

They said it can't be done through the mail, you have to go in and also get a u/s.  Insurance will cover the u/s but the gender test is $150.  I'm honestly suprised more women in the vicinity of Houston don't do this ;)  SO much better than intelligender or peeing on cabbage!!  LOL!!

Joined 20-Dec-06

Top Poster
5-Apr-10 5:06 pm

Well I decided not to do this after all as it would only get me results like 1-1.5wks. sooner since you can't really go in at 11wks. but 12wks. because they require you also get a 12wk. u/s as well (unless you live local and can make 2 trips a week apart).  For $150 and a huge drive + gas, etc. it's not worth it for me.  I really don't know why no other places seem to offer this though, what a bummer!!  Oh and results are 7-10 business days so that makes a difference too.  So going in at 12wks. + 7-10 business days means no results until 13+ weeks when I can just get a private scan done at like 14-14.5 weeks for $60-$100.  Also I think it's more fun to find out via ultrasound and get all the pics & videos to take home with you Happy Wink

Boy #5

Joined 29-Mar-07

Top Poster
8-Apr-10 10:55 pm

Wow I wish I would have known about this test sooner cause I don't live that far from houston, But by the time I get my results I should be getting a peek at the gender at my next dr appt.

Mom to Baby BoyHunter 7Baby BoyJoseph 6Baby BoyAustin 4Baby Boy Nathaniel 1 Baby Boy Boy #5 coming in Sept.    

High Tech in a few years for a Baby Girl

Joined 20-Dec-06

Top Poster
12-Apr-10 9:46 pm

thr3boyzmom:

Wow I wish I would have known about this test sooner cause I don't live that far from houston, But by the time I get my results I should be getting a peek at the gender at my next dr appt.

hope you hear pink!!  i wish i lived closer to Houston so i could have done this.  but now i found out about a local sonography school that does free u/s so i'm going to do that i think Stick out tongue  i can go in as many times as i want for free.

Page: of 1