Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

DPO and POAS

Joined 31-Jul-07

27-Aug-07 1:40 pm

Hey Everyone! Just wanted to know how many dpo you have to be to begin pregnancy tests????Happy

Yasmin

Joined 11-May-07

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

27-Aug-07 2:01 pm

i took my first hpt at 8dpo....i have three boys and it was only with number 3 i got into the ttc frenzy...with my third i took one at 9dpo and it was a strong +ve. i had 2 mc's in between where i had a +ve at 11 dpo for one and a +ve at 14dpo for the other.

i am currently just under 4 weeks pregnant again (hope this one sticks) and am 11dpo...started taking hpt's at 8dpo and 9dp..at 8dpo it was -ve and at 9dpo it was -ve too BUT i thought i could see an imaginary line (super duper faint got darker by next day) which i couldn't see at 8dpo. so took another test 5am at 10dpo and got a faint +ve with a normal brand test whihc tests the day your period is due...took another clearblue digital at 9am and that came out 'pregnant'.

here i am took another at 11 dpo it is slightly darker than 10 dpo but it is still there...thanks god...

hope this helps....

Mum to 5 of 4 princes and one princess!!!!!! Expecting no.6 :)........hoping for another princess to complete my family once and for all......but a 5th prince is very welcome too :)

Au 79

Joined 25-Sep-06

Top Poster
27-Aug-07 2:02 pm
i think the rule of thumb is 10 or 11 DPO. but i know some ladies get them earlier like 8 or 9 DPO and some dont get them until much later like 12 + DPO. GL!!! are you thinking you caught a sticky bean???
RQ~ 8, err... i mean 32 Baby Bear Boy,Baby Bear Girl,Baby Bear Boy: you'd better recognize!

http://www.ingender.com/cs/forums/p/7093/54561.aspx#54561 here is the link to my TBM success story for #2! I went on to do the same for #3 and added ions/diet/low sodium/etc... #3 is my beautiful baby boy! does swaying actually sway???

hoping for BFPs for all my IG girls!..... lets see those second lines!!!

Bump it B!tches! you know you want to!

a friend will help you move. a good friend will help you move a body.~ anon

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning. -Catherine-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies. (Unknown)

Joined 31-Jul-07

27-Aug-07 2:04 pm
Thanks for replying! CONGRATS!!! I hope you have a healthy pregnancy and baby!! YEAHH!!!!!!Happy Smile

Yasmin

Joined 11-May-07

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

27-Aug-07 2:16 pm

OOPs...to answer your question realsitically it is best to begin testing from 8dpo...there are very few cases where a faint +ve shows up at 7dpo...it takes the egg to travel down the fellopian tube 6-7 days before it swims around in the uterous that again could take from a couple of hours to 2 days in some...until it begins to completely embedd itself into the uteral lining....it is also documeted that since that takes longer in some pregnancies than others the hcg hromone already released into the blood at the time of the first embedment, takes another 2 days to enter your urine...as to be detected in the hpt's sesitive hpt's which test up to 10mIU of hcg are available at online pharmacies...the store brands start checking for hcg at 20mIU minimum and above. i think in cases where it is already detected at store brands must be becasue embeddment was quicker than usual or many cases the higher the amount of HCG present so early on in some pregnancies can idnicate multiple pregnancy.

however it is important to note that storng +ve of hpt's esp even before a period is due also need to be investigated or taken notice of esp if accompanied with pain as this can indicate molar pregnancy or ectopic pregnancies.

hope this has helped....

ps: i think this time i did feel many twinges and a dull ache in my ovaries and lower abdome..at 8dpo hence i tested..they say you cannot feel the egg embedd but i think in my case i did...8dpo it began embedding and by the evening of 9dpo the first hcg units entered my urine (hence the imaginary line)..and by 10dpo i could detect them....ona normal store brand even at 5 days before my period was due...

Mum to 5 of 4 princes and one princess!!!!!! Expecting no.6 :)........hoping for another princess to complete my family once and for all......but a 5th prince is very welcome too :)
Page: of 1