Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

How much weight have you lost postpartum?

Joined 30-Apr-09

Top Poster
15-Oct-09 2:54 pm

I gained 30 lbs. w/Avery, she weighed 6 lbs. 14 oz. at birth. She's now 16 days old, and I'm only down 10 lbs...so what gives?! Thought I'd be down 15-20 w/placenta, water wt.,  etc...

I know it's way too early to think about trying to lose, just wondering how much everyone's lost naturally after delivery?

Joined 4-May-09

Top Poster
16-Oct-09 8:11 am

I only gained seven pounds with Brianna total for the pregnancy. I weighed on Tuesday, which was a week postpartum and I'm down 20 pounds. I was amazed to say the least! I'm hoping with exclusively breastfeeding her my extra weight continues to come off...

Baby Girl April 2005     Baby Girl March 2007     Baby Girl October 2009     Baby Girl June 2011

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/savings/wYdptqG/]

Joined 30-Apr-09

Top Poster
16-Oct-09 4:06 pm

Epiicurean:

I only gained seven pounds with Brianna total for the pregnancy. I weighed on Tuesday, which was a week postpartum and I'm down 20 pounds. I was amazed to say the least! I'm hoping with exclusively breastfeeding her my extra weight continues to come off...

You LUCKY girl that's fantastic!!! Good for you, I'm so jealous! Envy LOL I always exclusively BF too, but I swear that's half my problem...

Wine is cheaper than ther

Joined 8-Dec-08

Top Poster
16-Oct-09 4:19 pm

I gained 42 pounds and I'm down between 23 and 25. I thought I'd be down a little bit more by now honestly even though it's only been 16 days....I don't have anything to wear and it's depressing. I just have this flabby stomach. Yuck!

My day to day life: http://the-dentonfamily.blogspot.com/My

Adalyn Grace born 9/30/09 at 4:14 PM, weighing 7 lbs 11 oz and 19 inches long!

Prince Baby Boy 9/17/06 and our Princess Baby Girl 9/30/09

Joined 30-Apr-09

Top Poster
16-Oct-09 4:36 pm

Praying4Pnk:

I gained 42 pounds and I'm down between 23 and 25. I thought I'd be down a little bit more by now honestly even though it's only been 16 days....I don't have anything to wear and it's depressing. I just have this flabby stomach. Yuck!

I know, I'm wearing maternity jeans ackkk so tired of those things. Ok what's up, I'm only down 10...not fair. LOL I so want a tummy tuck (among other things lol) my mil was just telling me about some new procedure she saw on the Doctors t.v. show today that looked interesting. 

Joined 4-May-09

Top Poster
16-Oct-09 10:26 pm

Partyof6"]

[quote user="Epiicurean:

[/quote] 

You LUCKY girl that's fantastic!!! Good for you, I'm so jealous! Envy LOL I always exclusively BF too, but I swear that's half my problem...

With the other two girls I gained quite a bit and never really lost all of the weight. With DD2 I gained 88 pounds. Tongue Tied Not sure how that happened. I never exclusively breastfed them, either. But gaww. Poor Brianna is constantly on me. This morning from 3:30 am to 8:30 am I was feeding her off and on. I'm eating all the time too so I can make enough milk for her. I'm hoping she slacks up some soon though so I can start feeling "normal" again.

Baby Girl April 2005     Baby Girl March 2007     Baby Girl October 2009     Baby Girl June 2011

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/savings/wYdptqG/]

Joined 9-Aug-08

Top Poster
17-Oct-09 1:13 am

I gained 29 pounds and lost 16 pounds in 2 weeks.

Mom to  Baby Girl,Baby Girl | Baby Boy,Baby Boy My Preemie Prince Born at 33 Weeks.

(2 Succuessful sways, Thank you God)

Think Blue

Joined 9-Apr-09

Top Poster
18-Oct-09 1:55 am

I gained 27 pounds and i'm down 20 pounds but i'm trying to lose about 20 more

Mommy to Baby Bear Girl  Baby Bear Girl Baby Bear Girl Baby Bear Boy

Blessed!!!

Joined 24-Oct-07

Top Poster
22-Oct-09 7:13 pm

I gained 24 pounds and have lost 25 pounds in 2 weeks which is 1 pound less than when I got pregnant. Now, I need to lose 40 more! I cant wait until my 6 week check up in four weeks to see how much more I have lost!

Wine is cheaper than ther

Joined 8-Dec-08

Top Poster
22-Oct-09 7:19 pm

How are you doing it Shaven? Are you Bfing? Dieting?

My day to day life: http://the-dentonfamily.blogspot.com/My

Adalyn Grace born 9/30/09 at 4:14 PM, weighing 7 lbs 11 oz and 19 inches long!

Prince Baby Boy 9/17/06 and our Princess Baby Girl 9/30/09

Blessed!!!

Joined 24-Oct-07

Top Poster
22-Oct-09 8:04 pm

LuvMyMunchkins:

How are you doing it Shaven? Are you Bfing? Dieting?

I wasnt really trying actually. I was just breastfeeding. I definitely wasnt dieting. Now that I am no longer breastfeeding I better start dieting!

Joined 30-Apr-09

Top Poster
22-Oct-09 9:05 pm
Wow- you girls are really losing the weight. That's awesome! Avery's 3 wks. old, I exclusively breastfeed and I'm now down 14 lbs...doesn't seem fair... lol

Blessed!!!

Joined 24-Oct-07

Top Poster
22-Oct-09 9:07 pm

Partyof6:
Wow- you girls are really losing the weight. That's awesome! Avery's 3 wks. old, I exclusively breastfeed and I'm now down 14 lbs...doesn't seem fair... lol

If you keep breastfeeding you will lose a whole lot more. Just keep it up. At least you are still bfing. I am no longer doing it.Sad

Joined 30-Apr-09

Top Poster
22-Oct-09 9:23 pm

Shaven12"]

[quote user="Partyof6:

Wow- you girls are really losing the weight. That's awesome! Avery's 3 wks. old, I exclusively breastfeed and I'm now down 14 lbs...doesn't seem fair... lol[/quote]

If you keep breastfeeding you will lose a whole lot more. Just keep it up. At least you are still bfing. I am no longer doing it.Sad

Thanks Shaven, I hope it starts dropping soon here... I have lost 4 more lbs. in the past week so I guess that's something.

What happened w/the Bfing? I'm struggling because I have to pump and then bottle feed Avery which SUCKS! I'm trying hard to get her back to nursing and no bottle but the lil stinker just falls asleep and doesn't eat enough so then I have to give her the darn bottle...very frustrating.

Blessed!!!

Joined 24-Oct-07

Top Poster
23-Oct-09 9:02 am

Partyof6"]

[quote user="Shaven12"]

[quote user="Partyof6:

Wow- you girls are really losing the weight. That's awesome! Avery's 3 wks. old, I exclusively breastfeed and I'm now down 14 lbs...doesn't seem fair... lol[/quote]

If you keep breastfeeding you will lose a whole lot more. Just keep it up. At least you are still bfing. I am no longer doing it.Sad[/quote] 

Thanks Shaven, I hope it starts dropping soon here... I have lost 4 more lbs. in the past week so I guess that's something.

What happened w/the Bfing? I'm struggling because I have to pump and then bottle feed Avery which SUCKS! I'm trying hard to get her back to nursing and no bottle but the lil stinker just falls asleep and doesn't eat enough so then I have to give her the darn bottle...very frustrating.

I have officially stopped breastfeeding after only three weeks. When the baby turned a week and a half I got a stomach virus. I was told by ds's pedi partner not to breastfeed him while sick. Then my dh, and two dd caught it and I was stuck taking care of them for the week in which I did not breastfeed at all. It was just easier for me to give him the bottle and most of those days he stayed with my mother to prevent him from catching the virus. Now, I havent been able to pump anything since then and my ds is no longer interested in feeding off my breast. He either wont take my breast or he will fall asleep. I feel so bad and like such a big loser! I was so proud of myself being able to breastfeed and I paid 90.00 for a pump that I only used for a week and a half!

Page: of 3