Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Giving my Midwife's induction recipe a try now!!

I love my kids!

Joined 7-Feb-07

Top Poster
25-Sep-09 10:17 am

Well, this is completely gross. It smells like sunscreen, tastes like lemony almond paste and has the consistancy of sludge. But my midwife swears by it, and if baby is in fact ready this will give me the push I need to go into labour. And the last time she checked me, things were changing enough that she was confident about the results I'd get. My body doesn't seem to know how to go into labour on it's own, so hopefully this is the push it needs. Geez, while making this witches brew I almost went into labour I was so nervous about the actually DRINKING it part!!

Wish me luck!! Okay.....here goes......Yuck

My Perogie! Baby Boy~Oct/02 ** My Tatter! Baby Boy~Mar/05 ** Baby Girl Baby Morgan Sept 25th/09

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

I Love Horses Blinkie

Joined 8-Jan-09

Top Poster
25-Sep-09 10:21 am

so what is this recipe?

FX it works!! 

Hugs Violet Me (Diane),  Hearts DF, Baby Bear Girl  7, Baby Bear Girl our long awaited DD2! Our sway worked!! TY IG!

Hugs Bear LIttleBean Lost.. but not forgotten..Gone to be with my other L.O.'s Hugs Bear

Joined 8-Jun-09

Top Poster
25-Sep-09 10:21 am

Good Luck!!!Good Luck Clover

HeartsBaby Bear Boy10Baby Bear Boy8Baby Bear Boy4Baby Bear Girl2Hearts

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Joined 8-Jan-09

Top Poster
25-Sep-09 10:25 am

K.. whoa! just realized you changed your alias!!! girl!! good thing you didn't change your avatar also!! lol 

flipping things on me like that!! shame!! lol Happy LMAO

Hugs Violet Me (Diane),  Hearts DF, Baby Bear Girl  7, Baby Bear Girl our long awaited DD2! Our sway worked!! TY IG!

Hugs Bear LIttleBean Lost.. but not forgotten..Gone to be with my other L.O.'s Hugs Bear

Joined 5-Jun-09

Top Poster
25-Sep-09 10:30 am

Hope it helps!

Baby Girl02/1991 adopted on 03/09/2007 Baby Boy A.J. 12/2000, Baby Boy Noah 11/2002, Baby Boy Jackson 8/2007, Heartbroken 2/14/2009, Heartbroken 18 weeks

I love my kids!

Joined 7-Feb-07

Top Poster
25-Sep-09 10:36 am

Oh...*gag*....it's horrible!!!! I can't believe I got the last of it down. Wow, that was nasty, nasty, NASTY!!!

The recipe is:

5 drops of Lemon Verbena

2 tbsp Castor Oil

2 tbsp Almond Butter

1/2 cup Apricot Juice

That Lemon Verbena comes through LOUD and clear. Wow that stuff is potent!! And I even found some 100% Castor Oil that says it is virtually tasteless and odourless, so that was good as I really didn't taste it at all. It had a very mellow taste, almost like canola oil? But wow, not a pleasant drink in the least! BUT, I've done some research and I've found that the almond butter is suppose to slow down the castor oilk going through your system, so it is less likely to cause gut trouble, and more likely to work in the way intended. The Lemon Verbena is the "secret ingredient" and I have no idea what it is suppose to do other than gag a magot.....

My Perogie! Baby Boy~Oct/02 ** My Tatter! Baby Boy~Mar/05 ** Baby Girl Baby Morgan Sept 25th/09

I Love Horses Blinkie

I love my kids!

Joined 7-Feb-07

Top Poster
25-Sep-09 10:39 am

Lemon VERBENA

In these times of accelerated pace when stress and tensions abound, lemon verbena shines through as a perfect oil to relax and let go with. Lippa Citriodora is grown primarily along the Mediterranean coastline and it is the leaves which are steam distilled to produce the essential oil. One hundred pounds of verbena leaves will yield only 3 to 7 ounces of essential oil making it a very therapeutic oil because of its concentration.

Verbena has the ability to uplift spirits and motivate one into action. It is known to relieve tiredness, overcome listlessness and apathy, and help the brain to focus. It is a wonderful oil to use in an aromalamp when studying or reading as it encourages the brain to concentrate and hold information. Its lemony scent revitalizes the senses and wakes up one’s interest in life. Especially good for those who get lost in daydreams, verbena seems to help people release the past, let go of nostalgia and be more present in the here and now. It seems that we are in a time now where the cosmic energies are asking us to relinquish old habits and let go of old outdated thought patterns. Verbena can help us do this by balancing our psychies and allowing us to release attachments to the past. Its scent is like a cosmic wake up call, awakening us to the reality of right now. By releasing stress, anxiety and nervous tension, we can be more present and focused. With all the pressures of work and home life, verbena helps those who are being tested to their limits by instead offering relaxation, harmony and a sense of enthusiasm.

When we are stressed, we often have a nervous stomach. Lemon verbena acts as a tonic and carmative, relieving stomach cramps and nausea. The leaves can be infused as a tea and in France is often drunk as an after dinner digestif to relieve bloating and indigestion. It should not be taken internally by pregnant women, though, because it can cause uterine contractions and in the olden days was often used to encourage contractions during the final stages of labor.

Used in sports massage, verbena tones muscles and reduces lactic acid build-up. It encourages healing of weak connective tissue. For skin complaints, it can be used in facials to tonify the skin and cleanse the pores. It is also helpful with acne and greasy hair.

Lemon Verbena is a very timely essential oil because of its harmonious vibration to the earth energies. It is an oil that will help us move smoothly and freely into the Aquarian Age.

I Love Horses Blinkie

I love my kids!

Joined 7-Feb-07

Top Poster
25-Sep-09 1:11 pm

Still not feeling quite right, contractions are still coming often and I'm just hoping and waiting that they fall into a regular rythym and to contiue to get stronger. Right now they are coming often and starting in my belly and wrapping around to my back. So they seem promising, I just hope I don't get let down!

Fingers crossed! At least the quesy nausea has pretty much subsided, that was horrible. 

I Love Horses Blinkie

Joined 8-Jan-09

Top Poster
25-Sep-09 1:16 pm

wow.. that sounds crazy hun!!!

FX for you! 

Wine is cheaper than ther

Joined 8-Dec-08

Top Poster
25-Sep-09 1:19 pm

Oh how exciting! Your contractions sound promising girl!! I hope this is it for you and they get stronger and stay consistent! Keep us updated! GL!

My day to day life: http://the-dentonfamily.blogspot.com/My

Adalyn Grace born 9/30/09 at 4:14 PM, weighing 7 lbs 11 oz and 19 inches long!

Prince Baby Boy 9/17/06 and our Princess Baby Girl 9/30/09

I love my kids!

Joined 7-Feb-07

Top Poster
25-Sep-09 2:52 pm

I hope I don't jinx myself, but I think this is it. My contractions are getting stronger, and are really close together. That part is wierd, so hopefully they iron themselves out and get better spaced out because they are starting to HURT! Basically if I walk around the house and I get a contraction, I start fumbling around trying to find a way to ease the pain.

I Love Horses Blinkie

Rebecca F.

Joined 6-Jul-07

Top Poster
25-Sep-09 2:57 pm

Horsey Mom:
The Lemon Verbena is the "secret ingredient" and I have no idea what it is suppose to do other than gag a magot.....

I wish you the best of luck with it!!  I hope it works!!!!  :o)

The gagging magot visual nearly made me fall off the couch.  lol. 

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebecca

Mommy to: 10 year old Baby Boy, 4 year oldBaby Girl , 3 year old Baby Girl, Due 5/23/13 with Baby Girl

Joined 20-Oct-05

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

25-Sep-09 3:02 pm

You should have hubby come home just in case....especially if he has to take the bus.  Good luck....I hope that baby girl is here soon!

In need of prayer

Joined 4-Mar-09

Top Poster
25-Sep-09 3:15 pm

Wow... I hope it worked for you!!

Baby BoyBOY 16,Baby Girl GIRL 13,Baby Girl GIRL 9,Baby Girl GIRL 6, Baby GirlGIRL 3  

SO VERY BLESSED!!!!!

Joined 12-Jun-09

Top Poster
25-Sep-09 11:55 pm

BUMP.....any update????

Baby Boy-09/04/03...Aidan Michael     Baby Boy-12/31/06...Bryce Earl (not my pick..Earl)

Baby Boy-07/12/08...Chase Stephen   Baby Girl-12/05/09...Emalee Nora

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Philippians 4:6-7 Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Page: of 1