Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

How soon does your temperature rise after ovulation?

Joined 1-Apr-09

Top Poster
24-Sep-09 2:49 pm
I was wondering if anyone knows how soon your temperature rises after ovulation. I am trying to figure out if I had an 0+? On CD 13, which is my estimated ovulation day, I had a temperature drop in the morning. The next morning on CD 14, I had a temperature rise. We BD that morning. The next morning, on CD 15, I had a temp spike. I am trying to figure out when I ovulated based on temps and my +OPK. I received a +OPK at 11:30 am the morning of CD 12. ANy advice or guesses would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Baby Boy -05 Baby Boy -07 Baby Girl - Born June 28th

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

24-Sep-09 5:13 pm

its really hard to say, anywhere from 2 hours or more after. 

ddddds
My IG Blog.................... 7 Sway Factors: Diet, pH, Minerals, Hormones,
Swaying E-book .............................Ions, Supplements and Timing
...........................................................They are all linked together
Other diets:

Joined 26-Mar-09

Top Poster
24-Sep-09 8:28 pm

Hi Tamara,

If you get the time can you please have a quick look at my chart and tell me when you think I ovulated?  I overode the FF program as they put CD 22 and I thought it was CD 20 for every symptom except temp and because I've never O'd as late as CD 22, normally O'ing around CD 18.

Thanks.

One more thing, I've had sore boobs from DPO 5.  Could that be an early sign of preg or is it way too early?

Baby Boy Elijah May 2006, Baby Boy Dashiell January 2008, Sad FlowerMiscarriage Nov 2009, our 3rd little man making his appearance late November LOL!

Joined 11-May-09

Top Poster
24-Sep-09 9:22 pm

Shellie, I wish I had some advice for you.  For me, some months it is easy to detect.  I have a temp dip the day I O, and a temp spike the day after O.  But other months (like this month for me...I have a very gradual temp rise.  I'm sure that doesn't help, but wanted to let you know that you are not alone in your confusion.  Take a look at my chart and you will see what I mean.  FF says I O'd on CD 14 but I'm convinced I O'd on CD15 because of all the other signs...CM, CP, and a amazing increase in sex drive! 

FWIW though, by looking at your chart, I would say that you definitely O'd on CD 13!  But the trick to an O+12 is to figure out when you CM has shifted.  When did your notice you CM shift?  Was it the next morning on CD 14?

Proud and happy mommy to Baby Boy 2003 and Baby Boy 2006 swayed for Baby Girl but have another Baby Boy due in June 2010!

bsm_hopingforgirl.gif

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

24-Sep-09 9:35 pm

mcmillanm:

Hi Tamara,

If you get the time can you please have a quick look at my chart and tell me when you think I ovulated?  I overode the FF program as they put CD 22 and I thought it was CD 20 for every symptom except temp and because I've never O'd as late as CD 22, normally O'ing around CD 18.

Thanks.

One more thing, I've had sore boobs from DPO 5.  Could that be an early sign of preg or is it way too early?

ff was right, day 22

ddddds
My IG Blog.................... 7 Sway Factors: Diet, pH, Minerals, Hormones,
Swaying E-book .............................Ions, Supplements and Timing
...........................................................They are all linked together
Other diets:

Joined 1-Apr-09

Top Poster
25-Sep-09 12:01 am
Hopes519:
FWIW though, by looking at your chart, I would say that you definitely O'd on CD 13!  But the trick to an O+12 is to figure out when you CM has shifted.  When did your notice you CM shift?  Was it the next morning on CD 14?
Thank you Hopes for trying to help. I think you are right that I ovulated on CD 13. I tried to see a difference in CM, but I only had a little bit of cottage cheese type stuff and it was like that for CD 12, 13, 14, and 15. There was no change, at all. My cervix also went back and forth throughout all of the days. My cervix felt pretty soft all day on CD 13, but I couldn't notice a big difference until CD 15. I think I might have blown it and did an 0+6 or something. That is so confusing when FF predicts one thing and you are sure it happened a different day. Do you have an kind of monitor? My CBFM definitely helps me with the day, it is just the hour of ovulation that really confuses me. Thanks for your help!
Baby Boy -05 Baby Boy -07 Baby Girl - Born June 28th
Page: of 1