Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

My "little diva" made her debut! Portrait added on last page!

Rae

Joined 17-Dec-08

Top Poster
26-Aug-09 3:22 pm

Josie is here! I would say finally since it seems like we waited forever to get here, but she was only 37+1 when she was born so she actually came earlier than forever! LOL Thank you to Mo for PMing to see if I was ok. Some good instincts on that woman!Happy  LOL I didn't realize how long it had been since I was on. It's so weird looking back on it. I was on the computer Saturday AM posting status updates on FB and myspace to the effect of wishing she would get here and 3 hours later I was being admitted to the hospital to have her.

What happened? I'm not sure! I noticed some pink fluid trickling down my legs after  I used the bathroom. I called the midwife because I'd never had anything with color come out with DC1-5 AND when stuff did come out, it never trickled. So I wasn't entirely convinced of what it was. On my way to see her I started having some small contractions every ten minutes. During one contraction the bottom dropped out and fluid pooled up in my lap. At this point I knew that my water had broke! I kinda wished it had stayed a trickle cuz by time I got the the office I was soaked from belly button to knees with water gushing at every contraction. She triaged me at the birth center (her office) and then sent me over to the hospital to be directly admitted for an augmentation since the contractions were not the sort that bring a baby. At 2 in the afternoon I was hooked up with my old friend pitocin. I was still 2cm and 50% effaced when I went in. Josie had floated back up out of my pelvis making my labor slow. The weight of her head on my cervix would have been welcomed at that point to help speed things up, but babies rarely read the directions. I was so annoyed cuz she WAS just so low only 2 days prior! "Why couldn't she have come yesterday when her head was between my thighs?!?!" I complained. Doh!

The nurse didn't want to let me up out of the bed cuz she was worried the cord might prolapse (give me a break!Hmm) so when my midwife arrived (she had to finish up some ladies at the birth center) I asked her. I told her I knew getting up would help speed my labor. So she said I could walk around near the bed (I was strapped to machines and monitors) or try the birth ball. I had never used one so I figured last chance what the heck! It was so comfy to sit on the ball!! By 11:30- midnight I was 4 cm and 70% effaced and got my epidural. Then I slept hoping to wake up to the urge to push. FAT CHANCE! I woke up when I could feel the contractions through my epidural! I told the nurse to check me cuz something had to be going on with contractions that strong. I was 5cm....FIVE! That's it! So I hit the dose button on my epidural pump I wasn't going to be in that much pain if I was only half way there. Twenty minutes later I started to feel then again! Then I complained that the epidural was a jip and started bad mouthing the doctor who had administered it!Happy ROFL

The nurse came in and made me get on my left side cuz the baby was having decels (her heart rate was dipping) with every contraction.That hurt worse (cue more bad mouthing the doctor) and I started to cry and feel very vunerable IDK whyConfused Huh? I didn't get scared until the nurse put me on oxygen. She said it would help the baby get more oxygen. Last time I needed oxygen at birth was with DS#2 and he was born in distress and was a tiny wreck! I cried for my midwife who apparently was already on her way cuz she appeared that moment. I love my midwife. She was so calm. She said Rachel I told you the baby was going to do this...she checked me, and sure enough (as she had earlier predicted) the baby had made a rapid descent bring me from 5cm to 10 in twenty minutes! She said the baby's head is right there! I was like huh? Right there? like I need to push it out?? She said yup...I had just pused the dose button!!!! How was I supposed to do that?!?!Grouchy This baby was driving me crazy! But she assured me the baby was fine and I took the oxygen mask off to get down to business.

The whole mood of the room calmed after the midwife arrived. I told her to shut off the epidural so I could be more effective pushing. It took a while for it to wear off enough for me to move her past the pelvic bone and into the birth canal. I pushed for an hour. Imagine that, 6th baby and I'm an hour pushing (resume bad mouthing the epidural) I practically coughed #5 out! But we chatted calmly between pushes since I wasn't in much pain.That's when my midwife dubbed Josie my "little diva". I had said that she ought not worry her momma like that, and Jill (the MW) said She's your little diva, she had to get out attention and make us fuss so she could make her big debut! She also said "you've worked for her since before she was there (she knows about our SU attempt) did you think you it was gonna stop there? No ma'am! She's gonna make you work for her now and for years to come trust me! This is your diva, she's a fiesty one.  

At 4:12am on Sunday morning (8/23) my little diva made her big debut! Jill said she's here and (flipping the cord out of the way) she's really a she! I have been in heaven since! I can't believe she's here. I finally have my Josephine after 5 years of wishing for her! It's surreal! I'll be posting more pics a bit later but the diva is calling me now, so here's her piccie.

Here's the link to her piccies on photobucket: http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u48/RaeTaulbee/Josephine/

Josephine Lilybeth 6lbs 1oz- 19 inches long

Full-size image

Mommy toBaby BoyJoel-11 Baby BoyAdam-9 Baby Girl Gabrielle-6 Baby BoyBenjamin-4 Baby BoySamuel-2 Baby Girl Josephine - Born 8/23 ~ Half a dozen!             “Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.” - Shel Silverstein

Joined 2-Jun-07

Top Poster
26-Aug-09 5:21 pm

Oh Rae!  I was so concerned for you at first, but I thought it had to be a good thing if we weren't hearing from you.  Congratulations!  I am so happy for you!   She is beautiful!.. Tell me about a crappy epi.  I let an intern do mine with DS2.  I have learned my lesson.  Attendings or 3 year residents only when it come to my epi.  Wow!  2 September babies born before September!  Is this going to be a patternHappy LMAO?

Congratulations.  She is too cute!  Can't wait to see more pics!  How's your kidneys now?

Visit SweetComments.net

Baby Boy April '04  Baby Boy November '06  Baby Girl September '09

Joined 11-Jan-08

Top Poster
26-Aug-09 5:26 pm
HUGE congratulations!!!! She is beautiful! Are you the first September mum to have their baby, I have been away for a few weeks as we have just moved back to the UK! Have fun with her, I am sure her big sister will too!! Take care ... we are all right behind you, cant believe how time has flown!
Baby Boy 1997 Baby Boy 1998 Baby Girl 2001 Baby Girl Angel at 20 weeks Baby Girl 2007 Baby Boy 2009

Joined 11-Aug-08

26-Aug-09 5:33 pm

Congrats on your beautiful baby girl!!!  A true diva!

? Completely Complete ?

Joined 8-May-08

Top Poster
26-Aug-09 5:35 pm

She is beautiful!!!!

Happy Celebrate CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW BABY GIRLBaby Bear Girl

December '04July '06

October '08 May '10 September '11

Joined 12-Jul-08

Top Poster
26-Aug-09 5:43 pm

Wow! Amazing! She is completely adorable. Congratulations, Mama! Good job!

What did Gabbie think? I know you're super busy, but when you get a moment, we just *have* to see a pic of your 2 girls together!

Baby Boy 12 , Baby Boy 9 , Baby Girl 3

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." - Vivian Green

Read my blog about raising my challenging kids: http://www.wereswimminginalphabetsoup.blogspot.com

Wine is cheaper than ther

Joined 8-Dec-08

Top Poster
26-Aug-09 5:54 pm

Congratulations!! She is a beauty!

My day to day life: http://the-dentonfamily.blogspot.com/My

Adalyn Grace born 9/30/09 at 4:14 PM, weighing 7 lbs 11 oz and 19 inches long!

Prince Baby Boy 9/17/06 and our Princess Baby Girl 9/30/09

Joined 9-Dec-08

Top Poster
26-Aug-09 5:59 pm

She's beautiful!

Baby Boy '00 Baby Boy '02 Baby Boy '04 Baby Girl '06 Baby Boy '09 UC Baby Girl '12 UC 12/13 Due 4/15

"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~ Winston Churchill

"Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches." ~ Andy Warhol

always tired...never bore

Joined 10-Dec-06

Top Poster
26-Aug-09 6:14 pm

Congratulations!  Your birth story was a fun read!  Your Josie is beautiful.Hearts  Enjoy her!

Baby Boy~Baby Boy~Baby Girl        ~BLESSED~

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were big things.   -- Robert Brault

"We either make ourselves miserable,
  or we make ourselves strong. 
    The amount of work is the same."
                                        ~Carlos Castaneda

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Joined 19-Dec-07

Top Poster
26-Aug-09 6:25 pm

Congratulations on your sweet baby girl!    I'm so glad all is well.  Enjoy her!!

Baby Boy 2004  

Baby Boy 2009  Love my two sweet boys! 

I love my kids!

Joined 7-Feb-07

Top Poster
26-Aug-09 6:47 pm

OMGosh!!!!! What a great birth story and I LOVE her little hat and booties! She is Priceless!!!

My Perogie! Baby Boy~Oct/02 ** My Tatter! Baby Boy~Mar/05 ** Baby Girl Baby Morgan Sept 25th/09

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

I Love Horses Blinkie

Joined 13-Jan-09

Top Poster
26-Aug-09 7:18 pm

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rae

Joined 17-Dec-08

Top Poster
26-Aug-09 7:55 pm

Full-size image

Mommy toBaby BoyJoel-11 Baby BoyAdam-9 Baby Girl Gabrielle-6 Baby BoyBenjamin-4 Baby BoySamuel-2 Baby Girl Josephine - Born 8/23 ~ Half a dozen!             “Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.” - Shel Silverstein

Joined 2-Jun-07

Top Poster
26-Aug-09 8:37 pm

AWW!!  Look at proud big sister!  Damn I shouldn't have seen that pic!  Now I'm going to wonder if I'll regret not giving Kate a baby sister.  No!  Keep your mouth shut Mo!  Your body can't handle one more pregnancy!  I am happy for you guys!

Joined 2-Jun-07

Top Poster
26-Aug-09 8:42 pm

grateful:
Are you the first September mum to have their baby

I believe Rae is the third.  Momof 4boys was the first, who brought baby Marissa into the world.  Then there was another lady who had her DD at 37wks I believe 2 wks ago.  She introduced herself to us about 1-2 months ago.

Welcome back grateful!  Didn't realize you had a big move, and that that was why we hadn't heard from you.  Welcome back!

Page: of 4