Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

What is swaying?

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

11-Aug-09 5:25 pm

What is swaying?  simple answer is:  to increase your odds of having a certain gender (to swing or sway that direction)

This question comes up at least 2 times a  year.  Is swaying a guarantee of getting a gender you want?  HECK NO!  If you need 100% (or really 99.99%) then you need pgd.  Is swaying scientifically proven?  Well every study about swaying that says it works is posted in FAQ.  There are numerous studies that say it doesn't work that are not in FAQ.  Why is this?  Its not because we are one sided.  Its because we need one area some where on the Internet where all the studies suggesting swaying may work in one area.  Why even post studies if not everyone agrees?  Because for those us us who can't afford high tech, or can't morally do it; we NEED some kind of hope that there is something we can do.  Even if it is only 1% sway we need that 1%.  Does anyone really know if swaying works?  No, no one does; but there is no harm in trying.  The only harm comes from people who believe it is 100% and there hopes are dashed when they get an opposite.  These people should not sway.  No one should assume it will work for them; only ttc with swaying if you will be ok with an opposite.  The purpose of swaying isn't really to get an opposite gender, but rather to eliminate the what if.  What if swaying does work?  What if we are at the ultrasound about to find out the sex and we then wonder if we could have done anything to change the outcome.  Those of us who are swaying or did sway need to know we did all WE could do to sway. If someone gets an opposite it is not there fault!    There are no mistakes in swaying because in the end how much control do we really have?  So why have an attempts forum?  Because people asked for it.  Because we want to see what others did and let them know that no ones attempts are perfect.  Sure 5 years or so down the road the attempts forum may show that swaying doesn't really sway that much but does that mean people will stop trying to sway?  Highly unlikely.  As long as there is a 1% shot, people will keep swaying.  Swaying has been around sine ancient Egypt and will probably be around long after we are all gone.  So please keep this all in mind.  Those of you who do not believe in swaying' thats ok!  Your a reminder to us all be stay grounded.  Swaying is not a guarantee.

I obviously believe in swaying.  If you need more swaying info please read this

ddddds
My IG Blog.................... 7 Sway Factors: Diet, pH, Minerals, Hormones,
Swaying E-book .............................Ions, Supplements and Timing
...........................................................They are all linked together
Other diets:

Babydust292

Joined 22-Oct-08

Top Poster
11-Aug-09 5:59 pm

Agree...I agree 100%.  But i don't like when people actually say, "dont sway" it didn't work for me this many times, so it doesn't work.  kwim?  It just bothers me, I can't help it.  I haven't seen this happen recently, but I have seen it on here.  I agree that everyone should be able to have their opinions, and if that means they dont' beleive in swaying and want to say it, that's totally and completely fine.  I just wouldn't want them to go one step further and say that everyone else shouldn't at least try.  But let them put it out there, you're very right in saying that it keeps us balanced.  And thank you again for all your hard work and advice tamara! :0)

Joined 5-May-08

Top Poster
11-Aug-09 7:52 pm

thank you for this reminder-it's important to hear (well,read!)

it would be wonderful to have  everyone be positive.  my hearts breaks every time i read a post of a "failed" (i don't think that-all babies are miracles) sway.  i know it's not always easy to hear, but God does have His reasons.  

and all we can have is hope & faith in what we choose to do or not do-and pray for acceptance of any outcome.

i think when someone posts a warning of what not to do based on their experience, they're trying to prevent others from the pain & suffering they had to go thru.  i don't think it's intended to hurt or discourage-and it stems from their current state of frustration/anger/disbelief 

S '02  O '05  S '09   HeartbrokenFeb 10 at 9wks3day-we will forever love you!
due April 17 w/ baby boy #4

Babydust292

Joined 22-Oct-08

Top Poster
11-Aug-09 8:26 pm

Well said Sos :0)...it's hard not to take it to heart, but you are very much right!! :)

Minerva is my cat not my

Joined 14-Oct-06

Top Poster
11-Aug-09 9:31 pm

Well said, Tamara! Thank you for the reminder.

Baby Girl 3 yrs old  Baby Girl born July 2011  Heartbroken 2/10 @ 13 weeks   Heartbroken mmc 6/10 @ 13 weeks

My timing analysis blog: http://www.ingender.com/cs/blogs/minervasmom/
Take part in my ph study!: http://www.ingender.com/cs/blogs/minervasmom/archive/2009/10/30/ph-study.aspx

Joined 13-Jul-09

12-Aug-09 1:24 am

I was trying to explain this to a friend the other day, I honestly dont know if swaying works I have never tried it before now, but I totally believe God determinds what the gender will be.  with that said I have read about swaying and its nothing crazy so why not try... if it doesnt work then God knew and I know His ways are far better then mine!

Thanks for posting this tamara its exactly what I was trying to say the other day!!!

Thank God

Joined 4-Nov-08

Top Poster
12-Aug-09 2:35 am

waw! well said, thanks Tamara, i really think everybody have to read this before swaying.. unfortunelty, you are right nothing is 100%, but like you said 

Those of us who are swaying or did sway need to know we did all WE could do to sway. If someone gets an opposite it is not there fault!    There are no mistakes in swaying because in the end how much control do we really have?

it really made me feel betterHappy  LOL and less stressedEmbarrassed

but still, PrayMay all of the ladies hear get the babies of their dreams..

Joined 26-Jan-09

Top Poster
12-Aug-09 3:55 am

Well said Tamara Agree

If there is anything to even slighty change the odds of 50-50%, I will gladly do that.

Baby Girl Sept 2006, Pray for Baby Boy

(Tryin4Pink)

Joined 17-Sep-07

Top Poster
12-Aug-09 11:08 am

Thank you!  That is the best explanation I've heard. 

Maybe you could put this post in the yellow portion at the top of the page, so that it never gets bumped down. 

I think people really need to hear this, especially if their sway didn't turn out the way they wanted it to.  And then they come back and tell everyone that it DOES NOT WORK, and that we shouldn't even bother.  I know others have seen those posts, and it makes us feel bad, and sad, and discouraged. 

But, this post IS encouraging.  And even if I don't get what my heart desires, I will be happy that I at least tried to do what I could.

So, thank you Tamara!

Baby Boy May 28, 2008  and Baby Boy May 30, 2010

Still room for at least one more... ttc mid 2012

#6 It's a boy!

Joined 25-Sep-07

Top Poster
12-Aug-09 11:17 am

I agree 100% very well said!! Agree thanks Tamara.

Baby Girl17 Baby Girl16 Baby Boy13 Baby Girl7 Baby Girl2 #6 Baby Boy Due October 21st. No swaying. Thank God!  BabyFetus Ticker

Joined 17-Mar-09

Top Poster
4-Oct-09 2:51 pm

another14meplz:

I agree 100% very well said!! Agree thanks Tamara.

Agree. I think I will get opposite but I will happy that I tried my best. If I didn't try what if would kill me.

Baby Bear Girl 07 Baby Bear Boy March 2010

Praying for a healthy son

Joined 1-Feb-10

Top Poster
5-Aug-10 5:42 pm

babydust292:

Agree...I agree 100%.  But i don't like when people actually say, "dont sway" it didn't work for me this many times, so it doesn't work.  kwim?  It just bothers me, I can't help it.  I haven't seen this happen recently, but I have seen it on here.  I agree that everyone should be able to have their opinions, and if that means they dont' beleive in swaying and want to say it, that's totally and completely fine.  I just wouldn't want them to go one step further and say that everyone else shouldn't at least try.  But let them put it out there, you're very right in saying that it keeps us balanced.  And thank you again for all your hard work and advice tamara! :0)

Well, i guess this is because of the GD, so i would understand that.  I don t remember a specific message about that but if i see one, it doesn t  bother me...

Joined 28-Nov-13

28-Nov-13 11:42 pm

So, thank you Tamara!I think I will get opposite but I will happy that I tried my best. If I didn't try what if would kill me.

Joined 27-Mar-10

18-Feb-14 10:08 am

Tamara, I was wondering if you can help me in regards to continuing my sway supplements or not. Here is the link to my question: http://ingender.com/Forum/Thread.aspx?ID=289037

TIA!

Joined 19-Nov-13

28-Feb-14 6:24 am
Hi Tamara, are you able to help me figure out why my boy swaying didn't work?

As I sad before I tried shettles (which I know you don't believe in), but my diet I think was pretty much a boy's diet. I ate lots of meat, especially red meat, I drink lemon with baking soda everyday, which I think is suppose to help the odds of boy swaying. But then yes, I was having milk with my coffee and I was on top when we conceived. Also, it was a pretty stressful time at work for DH, so could it have been the stress that lowered his testosterone and favoured a girl? Or my position? Or the fact that we were eating quite a lot of sweet things too?

Thank you!!
Page: of 2