Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Found this idea....uses black.....what do you think?

Joined 11-Aug-08

Top Poster
11-Aug-09 8:42 am

I found this idea, and am leaning towards doing this when baby is born. She will be with us in our room for a couple months so I will have the time do decorate while winter 'blows" LOL!!  What do you think??

Baby Boy Logan, 03/30/07 Baby Boy Kaden, 05/04/08  Baby Girl Madigan, 12/05/09

TTC #4 Baby Boy or Baby Girl

Declan or Karrigan

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/234a4f   

*God may have created man before woman, but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece* Happy Wink

Joined 11-Aug-08

Top Poster
11-Aug-09 8:50 am

And here is some bedding I found on EBay. (they don't ship to post office boxes, wonder how I'd get it here then since our whole town has a post office box, hmmm)

i would also choose a pink closer to the bedding for the walls....AND it's a brand new 9 peice set for only 119.00!!

Declan or Karrigan

*God may have created man before woman, but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece* Happy Wink

Photography Mommy

Joined 5-Feb-08

Top Poster
11-Aug-09 8:53 am

I think its' very beautiful and unique, but maybe not as interesting for baby..but what is these days? LOL. Agree

?~ I found my soulmate online ~?

Gone at 17.5weeks ; Little boy Jacey- Forever in my heart

Joined 8-Jan-09

Top Poster
11-Aug-09 8:57 am

very nice!! 

black and white is something babies can see easily!! more so then colour! so I think it is a lovely idea for a nursery!!!

love the bedding!

Hugs Violet Me (Diane),  Hearts DF, Baby Bear Girl  7, Baby Bear Girl our long awaited DD2! Our sway worked!! TY IG!

Hugs Bear LIttleBean Lost.. but not forgotten..Gone to be with my other L.O.'s Hugs Bear

Photography Mommy

Joined 5-Feb-08

Top Poster
11-Aug-09 8:59 am

Fearymay:

black and white is something babies can see easily!! more so then colour!

Really? I thought babies saw colors very well? 

Joined 8-Jan-09

Top Poster
11-Aug-09 9:03 am

MyMonster4Me"]

[quote user="Fearymay:

black and white is something babies can see easily!! more so then colour!

[/quote]

Really? I thought babies saw colors very well? 

in very early stages they can see black white and red best.. hence why you see so many of those mobiles in balck and white..  and even many baby toys now in balck and white.. 

just googled it quickly.. not a good link but it quickly explains it..

http://www.geniusbabies.com/blacwhitredt.html

though I doubt on the walls that high the baby will be able to see.. but it is still a good stimulus I would "think"?

Hugs Violet Me (Diane),  Hearts DF, Baby Bear Girl  7, Baby Bear Girl our long awaited DD2! Our sway worked!! TY IG!

Hugs Bear LIttleBean Lost.. but not forgotten..Gone to be with my other L.O.'s Hugs Bear

Joined 11-Aug-08

Top Poster
11-Aug-09 9:37 am

Thanks, MyMonster4me!!  I do think that I read that black and white(pink) is stimulating for baby in the first few weeks. But Ya, after that, not too interesting. Myabe if I added some whimsical bees, or fairies......

Declan or Karrigan

Photography Mommy

Joined 5-Feb-08

Top Poster
11-Aug-09 9:39 am

lovinhug:

Thanks, MyMonster4me!!  I do think that I read that black and white(pink) is stimulating for baby in the first few weeks. But Ya, after that, not too interesting. Myabe if I added some whimsical bees, or fairies......

hehe, yeah. Maybe some lightly colored fairies here and there would make it a little more baby-preoccuping friendly?

Joined 11-Aug-08

Top Poster
11-Aug-09 9:41 am

Fearymay:

very nice!! 

black and white is something babies can see easily!! more so then colour! so I think it is a lovely idea for a nursery!!!

love the bedding!

thanks Diane!!  I just found the bedding on EBay, for 54.00, same company, 9 peice set, and shipping is 50 some dollars too, so for 100.00 american....What do you think Diane, since you are Canadian....do you think that is good?

Declan or Karrigan

Joined 11-Aug-08

Top Poster
11-Aug-09 9:44 am

MyMonster4Me"]

[quote user="lovinhug:

[/quote]

hehe, yeah. Maybe some lightly colored fairies here and there would make it a little more baby-preoccuping friendly?

HeHE  fairies for now, I did also think that this would be good for when she was like 4 or 5. I could paint a cute "chalk board" using Chalkboard paint (I have one in my kitchen - so handy). But by 4 or 5, she could use the chalkboard, and I could Frame it with something cute...

Declan or Karrigan

Joined 10-Dec-07

Top Poster
11-Aug-09 9:47 am

I think it's really cool!  I love it -- and it will grow up well with her too!

"As far as I'm concerned, being any gender is a drag."  -Patti Smith

formerly deedee016

Joined 22-Jun-07

Top Poster
11-Aug-09 10:01 am

Very pretty! Black and white patterns are very recommended for babies as it stimulates them.  I wouldn't worry about having stimulation in the nursery, though, afterall....you DO want her to sleep there, right?? lol!!

HeartsBaby Boy Baby BoyBaby Girl Hearts

Joined 1-Mar-08

Top Poster
11-Aug-09 11:31 am

It's gorgeous! And definitely something that she can grow into.

Baby Boy 11,  Baby Boy 4, Baby Girl Heartbroken  June 2009 - my angel - nine months in my dreams, two days in my arms, forever in my heart, Baby Girl Born May 2011

In need of prayer

Joined 4-Mar-09

Top Poster
11-Aug-09 11:36 am

Its pretty! Black and pink are nice together... and the baby will love the black and white areas. Its calming also so hopefully the baby will sleep well in there!

Baby BoyBOY 16,Baby Girl GIRL 13,Baby Girl GIRL 9,Baby Girl GIRL 6, Baby GirlGIRL 3  

Joined 14-Mar-09

Top Poster
11-Aug-09 12:04 pm

Love it!!! I almost went with a black/white/pink nursery....was going to base it off of the OLD Victorias Secret boxes/bags, ahha!!! (NOT the bright pink new ones, yucko) But I endd up going in a different direction, but I LOVE your ideas

Page: of 2