Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Are people calling you an "OLDER" pregnant mom?!?

Joined 30-Apr-09

Top Poster
22-Jul-09 9:04 pm

Hi ladies, I'm 33 yrs. old.and expecting our 6th baby, and it's really irritating me that people are making comments about my age that I never heard w/any of my other babies. I complained to my OB (who I've had w/other babies too) about swelling and slightly elevated BP- his reply- "well you are OLDER now you know" My MIL has mentioned it a couple times that I am higher risk because I am "OLD" Even my dh has said you are an "OLDER pregnant mom you know." WTH?!

Since when is 33 considered OLD?!?! And I don't think I look old either, people tell me I look 25, so that's not it. Am I an OLD lady and just deluding myself or what?! lol

Ariane

Joined 23-Jun-09

Top Poster
22-Jul-09 9:05 pm

My friends tease me that I'm in my 30's and having babies. But I think strangers don't say anything because someone with a nose ring and blue hair would have to be under 22 hahhaha.

Heartbroken1996      Baby Boy 1997 Nick   HeartbrokenHeartbroken m/c 2000 twins   Heartbroken  2000   Heartbroken  2001Baby Boy    Heartbroken  2001Baby Girl    Baby Boy2002 Jaedon

2008Baby GirlXana  2009 Baby BoyZaavan

Joined 14-Jun-09

Top Poster
22-Jul-09 10:46 pm

Wow Im 33 at the end of the year, am I old? lol.

Joined 14-Feb-09

Top Poster
22-Jul-09 11:33 pm
--

Ariane

Joined 23-Jun-09

Top Poster
22-Jul-09 11:45 pm

Your as old as you act. Which would make me about hmm..11 hehe

I would say your as old as you feel, but being pregnant makes me feel old.

Heartbroken1996      Baby Boy 1997 Nick   HeartbrokenHeartbroken m/c 2000 twins   Heartbroken  2000   Heartbroken  2001Baby Boy    Heartbroken  2001Baby Girl    Baby Boy2002 Jaedon

2008Baby GirlXana  2009 Baby BoyZaavan

Joined 19-May-09

Top Poster
22-Jul-09 11:52 pm

I'll be 33 in a couple of weeks. I don't feel old usually but I have noticed that mommys are getting younger and younger...WAIT! It's me! I'm getting OLDER....Grouchy

I thought 35 was going to be my stopping point but now it's 40. My mom was 34 when she had me and keeps telling me to wait for my next because I have lots of time, so it's all a matter of perspective. I am ttc now because I would love a large family & I do wish I would have/could have started younger.

I don't think 33 is technically old though, lots of my friends are only on their first DC or not even married yet or between marriages. Don't listen to the naysayers! Good luck momma! Good Luck Clover

Joined 30-Apr-09

Top Poster
22-Jul-09 11:54 pm

I completely agree!! I just think it's odd people are reacting to this pregnancy in my 30's as so high risk/OLD... I mean tons of ladies have babies in their 30's and 40's... this reaction has really surprised me this time around. I mean come on.... I'm only 33!! Technically high risk preg. is 35!!

Thanks for the kind words, maybe my hormones are gettin to me... lol

Joined 19-May-09

Top Poster
22-Jul-09 11:58 pm

Partyof6:

I completely agree!! I just think it's odd people are reacting to this pregnancy in my 30's as so high risk/OLD... I mean tons of ladies have babies in their 30's and 40's... this reaction has really surprised me this time around. I mean come on.... I'm only 33!! Technically high risk preg. is 35!!

I say BAH to those people. This is your 6th anyway, I would be more surprised if you were 18 and already had 6 kids. Plus, you homeschool right? I do too. I could not have taken that on at any other point in my life, so for me, age has been a bit of an asset.

& Congrats on your baby Baby Bear Girl!

Joined 30-Apr-09

Top Poster
23-Jul-09 12:47 am

Rainne"]

[quote user="Partyof6:

[/quote]

I say BAH to those people. This is your 6th anyway, I would be more surprised if you were 18 and already had 6 kids. Plus, you homeschool right? I do too. I could not have taken that on at any other point in my life, so for me, age has been a bit of an asset.

& Congrats on your baby Baby Bear Girl!

LOL that is true- 6 at 18 would be quite horrifying, huh?!  And yeh, I totally agree about age being an asset w/hs, because I was not even brave enough to consider it until I was 29.

Thank you- I am so excited for this lil one.  She's truly our rainbow after the storm.  We lost our baby boy in Dec. when I was 18 wks along, so I'm not taking a minute of her for granted. :) Truly a blessing.

Joined 19-May-09

Top Poster
23-Jul-09 1:48 am

Partyof6:

Thank you- I am so excited for this lil one.  She's truly our rainbow after the storm.  We lost our baby boy in Dec. when I was 18 wks along, so I'm not taking a minute of her for granted. :) Truly a blessing.

Sad Flower I'm so sorry to hear that...

I bet your older kids will just LOVE her up!

Joined 30-Apr-09

Top Poster
23-Jul-09 2:55 pm

Rainne:

Sad Flower I'm so sorry to hear that...

I bet your older kids will just LOVE her up!

Thanks Rainne, the kids are going to adore her! I'm afraid she may be quite spoiled by them actually, but hey that's o.k.! Flower

Joined 11-Jan-09

Top Poster
2-Aug-09 6:57 pm

Gosh that is soo strange i've never heard of 33 being "old". There's so so many women in my area having children AFTER 35! No one thinks twice about it. I want to start TTC soon but my DH actually told me to calm down about it and im not old. His mom had him at 38 he says age doesn't matter. I am 30 and I haven't even had my first yet. You are NOT an "old lady"! People sound like they are jealous or something. As far im concered as long as you get pregnant, regular period, ovalate, etc. your fertile and obviously not to old to do that.

#3 due 7/1/13

Joined 11-Jan-09

Top Poster
2-Aug-09 6:58 pm

cuppycake:
My friends tease me that I'm in my 30's and having babies.

Ekk!! Really? None of my 30-something friends have kids yet! My 22 year old friends do though...so funny how people are. 

#3 due 7/1/13

Joined 30-Apr-09

Top Poster
2-Aug-09 9:11 pm

Kariokey78:

Gosh that is soo strange i've never heard of 33 being "old". There's so so many women in my area having children AFTER 35! No one thinks twice about it. I want to start TTC soon but my DH actually told me to calm down about it and im not old. His mom had him at 38 he says age doesn't matter. I am 30 and I haven't even had my first yet. You are NOT an "old lady"! People sound like they are jealous or something. As far im concered as long as you get pregnant, regular period, ovalate, etc. your fertile and obviously not to old to do that.

Thanks Kariokey. =) I wonder if location matters too- we're in the Midwest and I see you're from the East coast.  I mean look at the tv/movie stars on the West coast- alot of those ladies start in their 40's for heavens sakes and nobody bats an eye.

Besides, they say the 30's are the new 20's! Agree LOL  

(Tryin4Pink)

Joined 17-Sep-07

Top Poster
2-Aug-09 9:18 pm

I'm in the midwest, and 33, and TTC #2.  Most of my friends are in their 30s and having their 1st or 2nds.  So, I don't think it's old.  I hope others don't think I'm too old to be having babies.  I'm even thinking that after #2, we'd like to have another in 4 years or so, which puts me at 37 or 38.  I didn't even think that was old.

Baby Boy May 28, 2008  and Baby Boy May 30, 2010

Still room for at least one more... ttc mid 2012

Page: of 2