Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

membranes have been stripped and maybe baby dropped??? TMI

Joined 21-Jan-09

Top Poster
13-Jul-09 8:56 pm

I don't think either of my other kids ever dropped but today when I went to the Dr for my 38 week check up I was measuring 2 weeks smaller when I have been right on the whole time.  So I am measuring 36 cm at 38 weeks.  No biggie of course but the Dr asked if I thought baby has dropped.  I have no idea!  So I thought I'd post pictures.

And the update on my appointment, I am a "good 3 cm and still thick".  She then stripped my membranes and told me to go home and have sex.... :(  My husband told me to give the Dr a raise.Hmmlol

How in the world can you enjoy it at this stage.  We tried last night (TMI sorry) and not only is it not pleasurable but it hurt!  Anyhow, we'll see what happens.  I don't think the sweep will do much good since I am not thinned out yet.  No big deal though, I am only 38 weeks.  I am cramping and bleeding now.  She said spotting was normal but period bleeding is not and I am in between now.

bags are packed, house is spotless...now I wait...and possibly let DH DTD...

35 weeks

38 weeks

Full-size image

Hugs VioletBaby GirlHugs VioletBaby BoyHugs VioletBaby GirlHugs Violet

Joined 13-Jan-09

Top Poster
13-Jul-09 10:27 pm

How exciting!!!

I cant really tell with the photos because of the black tshirt :(

Do you feel "flatter" underneath your breasts/upper stomach?

Its the most bizarre feeling if you do notice your baby drop. I felt Miabella drop only 1/5th & ever since have had the groin/cervix pains & even thigh/hip pains.

Shouldnt be too long in any case Danyel!! Yippee, keep us posted xx

Joined 1-Aug-08

Top Poster
14-Jul-09 8:43 am

Hey Danyel

I read on the other board ('Danyel!!') that you have bursitis.... what is it??  I'm starting another post about it, but I've been have pain that I don't know what is!

How are you feeling, other then Ready??

Baby Girl June 2000  Baby Boy January 2003  Baby Boy November 2004  Baby Boy May 2007 Baby Girl July 2009 Heartbroken June 2011 @ 10w

Baby Girl June 2012

~for my 5 cuties~

Joined 23-Feb-08

Top Poster
14-Jul-09 8:47 am

I had mine stripped with all my kids and it never hurt until dd and dd was the only one that worked. I was in labor by 12 hours later. I always say if it ihurt, it'll probably work. I think my doc was so sick of me he was going to make damm sure he stripped the hell out of my membranes and boy did he ever! Lol

Hearts Momma to many precious children who are the loves of my life! Hearts 

Wine is cheaper than ther

Joined 8-Dec-08

Top Poster
14-Jul-09 10:52 am

I can't tell due to the black shirt also. BUT you look fantastic!! Very beautiful bump you've got there Hearts

Hopefully you will be on your way to L&D here pretty soon. I say walk (if you can) as much as possible and DTD at leat once a day. Should help do the trick!! I know it sucks, but unless you've got yourself a stallion can't last that long, right?!?! Embarrassed

My day to day life: http://the-dentonfamily.blogspot.com/My

Adalyn Grace born 9/30/09 at 4:14 PM, weighing 7 lbs 11 oz and 19 inches long!

Prince Baby Boy 9/17/06 and our Princess Baby Girl 9/30/09

Joined 21-Jan-09

Top Poster
14-Jul-09 11:42 am

Ok no contractions today, did not DTD the deed last night.  However I got up at 11 p.m. and had bloody show.  A little more this morning as well.  so we will see.

Did not sleep at all last night, had contractions all night 5 min apart.

Joined 8-Dec-08

Top Poster
14-Jul-09 11:47 am

You are soooo close Danyel! I bet you are getting super antsy huh?!

Joined 21-Jan-09

Top Poster
14-Jul-09 11:52 am

Just really nervous that this baby will be born on my due date (my moms birthday).  She is the kind of person that makes a huge deal out of her birthday every year and freaks if you are not there.  She has already told me I need to start planning a pool party for this year for her birthday and this is supposed to take place a few days after my due date. :(  I just don't want to have Ava share a birthday with her, it will never be Ava's birthday, always hers.

Joined 8-Dec-08

Top Poster
14-Jul-09 11:55 am

Maybe your doctor will induce you before then...

Joined 21-Jan-09

Top Poster
14-Jul-09 11:56 am

I only have one more appointment before that. :(

Joined 8-Dec-08

Top Poster
14-Jul-09 11:56 am

Before what?

Joined 21-Jan-09

Top Poster
14-Jul-09 12:01 pm

before my due date/moms birthday

Joined 5-Jun-09

Top Poster
14-Jul-09 12:05 pm

Yikes!  Well it sounds like you won't go 2 more weeks....sounds like little Ava wants out now!

Baby Girl02/1991 adopted on 03/09/2007 Baby Boy A.J. 12/2000, Baby Boy Noah 11/2002, Baby Boy Jackson 8/2007, Heartbroken 2/14/2009, Heartbroken 18 weeks

Joined 21-Jan-09

Top Poster
14-Jul-09 12:14 pm

FourCutiesOneLove:

I had mine stripped with all my kids and it never hurt until dd and dd was the only one that worked. I was in labor by 12 hours later. I always say if it ihurt, it'll probably work. I think my doc was so sick of me he was going to make damm sure he stripped the hell out of my membranes and boy did he ever! Lol

LOL Good to know!!!! It did hurt me! Afterwards I felt bad because I was squeezing the poor dr between my legs. Happy ROFL

Joined 13-Jan-09

Top Poster
14-Jul-09 5:40 pm

Aww Danyel I know where you are coming from! Time gets away from us doesnt it and before you know it our due dates arent THAT far off. Crazy considering all that we have been through with these little angels huh!?

Hopefully the stripping does its job.

Your newest picture in white tshirt looks like you have dropped, its flatter beneath your bust. I can always tell when I have dropped because it goes really flat and the fundus is lower.. pretty cool!

Although in saying that, I dropped A LOT more significantly with DS1 as it was my first pregnancy. This time I havent dropped quite so severely...yet (if that does happen).

Keep us posted! You will beat me to the birthday for sure I think!

Page: of 2