Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

My 3 year old will NEVER be potty trained!!!

Kelly

Joined 28-Feb-08

Top Poster
13-Jul-09 1:36 pm

I am going crazy here, she has been sitting on the potty seat for over an hour and hasn't gone in 3 hours!!  I got her a potty watch that plays music and lights up every half hour and she loves it but so far she hasn't gone one single drop!  She tells me she can't go but I know the minute I get her up and put a pull-up on her she will pee in it.  She has to start pre-school next month and I'm afraid she won't be potty trained.

Could she really not be ready????  She was 3 in April and none of my other kids were this hard, it just seems like it really isn't clicking with her.

Baby Boy 1998 Baby Boy 2000 Baby Girl 2002 Baby Boy 2004 Baby Girl 2006 Baby Girl 2008

Heartbroken ectopic 9/97 m/c's 10/04, 3/05, 5/07

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign

Jojo

Joined 1-Aug-06

Top Poster
13-Jul-09 1:45 pm

peaches78:
I know the minute I get her up and put a pull-up on her she will pee in it.
That is the key right there.  I have potty trained the same with all of mine and they were done superfast with my method.  Don't put anything on them.  I let my dd wear a longer cotton dress or a big t shirt and she went when she had to.  She either went on the potty or on the floor but she learned one way or the other she was NOT going in that pull up or underwear or anything ever again.  She was trained in 1 day.  Once you get passed the first week this way it gets super easy.  I set out to train her fully one day and that was that.  Same thing with my boys.  I always train in the summer when it's warm and they don't need to wear clothing for survival purposes...LOL  and it has never failed me.  I let the boys wear a longer tshirt too.  My dd has even gone so far as to ask me to put her diaper back on so she can go...LOL...um...nope!  Try it....it might work for you:)

Mom to 4 beautiful children and 3 angel babies Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby GirlBaby Boy
Heartbroken March 2011  Heartbroken June 2011 Heartbroken November 2011 lost our baby Baby Bear Boy at 18 weeksSad

Preggo again! Due 12-25-13

Kelly

Joined 28-Feb-08

Top Poster
15-Jul-09 7:56 am

Thank you for the advice!!

Yesterday was ok - she pooped twice in the potty but everytime she peed it was all over the floor.  I let her run around with no bottoms on and when she would pee she would run over to the potty and sit down but it was always too late.

Then this morning she came running into the bathroom saying "I have to go potty" and it was slowly starting to come out so I grabbed her and threw her on the potty where she peed a lot!!  I was so excited and hopefully she is figuring out how to control her bladder better.  We will see how the rest of the day goes!

Baby Boy 1998 Baby Boy 2000 Baby Girl 2002 Baby Boy 2004 Baby Girl 2006 Baby Girl 2008

Heartbroken ectopic 9/97 m/c's 10/04, 3/05, 5/07

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign

Joined 17-Feb-07

Top Poster
15-Jul-09 8:00 am

Starlight:
Don't put anything on them

ITA, I took my boys outside in summer and gave them lots of drinks and iceblocks and told them to try and wee in the potty.  More often than not, they did.  If they didn't, just hose it away, no stress!  Good luck, sounds like she's getting there!

Baby Bear Boy 01.08.01 Baby Bear Boy 10.10.03 HeartbrokenHeartbrokenHeartbrokenHeartbroken Baby Bear Girl 29.12.09

Joined 8-Jan-09

Top Poster
15-Jul-09 8:02 am

it is a good start!

I went out and bought with my dd some big girl undies! she picked out the ones she wanted and I reminded her she can't pee in them or else they will get wet .. they are big girl undies and not diaper undies!

she was sooo scared to get her new undies wet she tried extra hard to make sure she didn't pee in them.. seemed to help my dd a lot.

I also had a reward system for every time she went in the potty.. she would get a star on her board! and if she didn't go pee or poo in the potty I never made a big deal of it.. just told her she was learning and that learning can be hard but that she is doing good because she is trying!

always be possitive.. try not to make it a "chore" or a bad experience..

GL! and it really sounds like she is on her way!!!

i only used the pull up's once I started trainign dd when we were going out or at night.. and I explained to her why I was putting it on her .. " because you are just learning to go pee and poo in the big girl toilet.. I don't want you to have a maybe accident in your big girl undies and feel bad in public.. once we get home you can get right back into your big girl undies!!!"

have fun with potty training!!

Hugs Violet Me (Diane),  Hearts DF, Baby Bear Girl  7, Baby Bear Girl our long awaited DD2! Our sway worked!! TY IG!

Hugs Bear LIttleBean Lost.. but not forgotten..Gone to be with my other L.O.'s Hugs Bear

Jojo

Joined 1-Aug-06

Top Poster
16-Jul-09 3:15 pm

oh4agirl"]

[quote user="Starlight:

Don't put anything on them[/quote]

ITA, I took my boys outside in summer and gave them lots of drinks and iceblocks and told them to try and wee in the potty.  More often than not, they did.  If they didn't, just hose it away, no stress!  Good luck, sounds like she's getting there!

I did this too with the boys!  Works like a charm.

Glad to hear she's getting it down.  She'll get there!

Mom to 4 beautiful children and 3 angel babies Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby GirlBaby Boy
Heartbroken March 2011  Heartbroken June 2011 Heartbroken November 2011 lost our baby Baby Bear Boy at 18 weeksSad

Preggo again! Due 12-25-13
Page: of 1