Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

How to pasteurize your own eggs!

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

5-Jul-09 1:15 pm

Duh!  I have no idea why I didn't think of this before!!!  I feel so stupid.  Anyhow, pasteurized eggs are safe and have a higher pH.  Here is a link that tells you the simple steps to pasteurize your own eggs.  Note the temp is suppose to be 145-150, not higher!

http://www.ehow.com/how_4679090_pasteurize-eggs-home.html

ddddds
My IG Blog.................... 7 Sway Factors: Diet, pH, Minerals, Hormones,
Swaying E-book .............................Ions, Supplements and Timing
...........................................................They are all linked together
Other diets:

#6 It's a boy!

Joined 25-Sep-07

Top Poster
5-Jul-09 1:34 pm

Tamara your a genious! Its so simple...that's how you do hard boiled eggs. I remember you used Walmart eggs do you have a pic or what is the name brand I dont see a difference because they look like the generic Ralphs eggs.

Baby Girl17 Baby Girl16 Baby Boy13 Baby Girl7 Baby Girl2 #6 Baby Boy Due October 21st. No swaying. Thank God!  BabyFetus Ticker

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

5-Jul-09 1:49 pm

no with hard boiled eggs you let it boil, you dont boil this.  also you dont want to cook the eggs, just pasterize them

ddddds
...........................................................They are all linked together
Other diets:

Kory- Prayin' for Pink!!

Joined 3-Mar-09

Top Poster
5-Jul-09 2:54 pm

Oooohhhh!!! I'm so excited to try this!!!! Maybe I'll try it tonight as I'm one of the people who cannot get p'd eggs in my area and my real attempt is approaching quickly.  Thank you!! I'll let u know how they turn out. As a bonus, I'll find a use for the candy thermometer I bought back when I was feeling all domestic and watching too much Martha Stewart!!!.  Thank you Tamara!

Baby Boy 2004  Baby Boy 2007 ~~pregnant with #3 hoped like crazy for a Baby Girl but looks like another Baby Boy

Baby Boy 2010

Postive Pregnancy Test 11/17/09 Hearts Found out we were expecting on Dh's birthday, the baby is due on my birthday!

Joined 17-Sep-08

Top Poster
5-Jul-09 2:57 pm

Tamara:
Here is a link that tells you the simple steps to pasteurize your own eggs.

You are truly the BEST!!!  You are always thinking of us!! 

Thank you soooo much for this, we cannot find pasterized anywhere here they say that they do not need to pasteurize eggs here.....  this will help me with my pH as well!

Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear GirlBaby Bear BoyBaby Bear BoyBaby Bear Boy EGS Opposite June 23,2011

Ready to think about mayb

Joined 7-Jan-09

Top Poster
7-Jul-09 7:21 am

Just wondered if anyone had tried it yet as I've been really struggling to find pasteurized eggs .

Once the water reaches the correct temp am I right in thinking you put egg in pan and removed straight away from the stove ?

Thanks Ruth

x

Baby Girl10Baby Girl4Baby Girl1Heartbroken04/09 Baby Girl20weeks                                 TTC Baby Bear Boy MTH 9 BFP result = 30/05/10 Baby GirlLilypie First Birthday tickers

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

7-Jul-09 9:21 am

I think your suppose to keep it at 140-150 for 5 mintues.  If i'm wrong you make a hard boiled egg Happy ROFL

ddddds
Other diets:

Kory- Prayin' for Pink!!

Joined 3-Mar-09

Top Poster
7-Jul-09 12:43 pm

I tried this the other night. Using my candy thermometer, I slowly got the water to 160 degrees, put in the eggs and removed the pan from the heat. I set a timer for 3 minutes.  I've checked 2 of them so far and the white started to actually turn white, as if they were partially cooked.  Is this normal?  Some of the white was still clear but maybe 1/3 of the EW turned white.  I may try it again and only do 150 for 5 minutes as Tamara suggested as see if I get better results.  Anyone else try?

Baby Boy 2004  Baby Boy 2007 ~~pregnant with #3 hoped like crazy for a Baby Girl but looks like another Baby Boy

Baby Boy 2010

Postive Pregnancy Test 11/17/09 Hearts Found out we were expecting on Dh's birthday, the baby is due on my birthday!

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

7-Jul-09 12:59 pm

white means cooked, thats not good.  I put 150 in because thats what the companys do to make there p eggs.

ddddds
Other diets:

Kory- Prayin' for Pink!!

Joined 3-Mar-09

Top Poster
8-Jul-09 11:32 am

Okay, I pasteurized some more eggs today.  I did 150 degrees and 5 minutes and they don't look like they cooked at all.  Thanks for the tip, Tamara!!

Baby Boy 2010

Joined 17-Sep-08

Top Poster
8-Jul-09 6:35 pm

kelchay:

Okay, I pasteurized some more eggs today.  I did 150 degrees and 5 minutes and they don't look like they cooked at all.  Thanks for the tip, Tamara!!

Have you used them yet in an attempt?

Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear GirlBaby Bear BoyBaby Bear BoyBaby Bear Boy EGS Opposite June 23,2011

Kory- Prayin' for Pink!!

Joined 3-Mar-09

Top Poster
8-Jul-09 6:47 pm

No but I plan to tonight.  I hope it goes well.  I cracked open 2 of them and the consistency/color appear the same as regular unpasteurized eggs.

Baby Boy 2010

Joined 17-Sep-08

Top Poster
8-Jul-09 9:05 pm

GOOD LUCK!!!  Let us know how it goes!!!

Kory- Prayin' for Pink!!

Joined 3-Mar-09

Top Poster
8-Jul-09 9:40 pm

Thanks BB! We did another practise run, this time with the homemade p'd eggs.  The egg seemed to work fine, although the pasteurizing process didn't seem to help bring up the pH any.  I am still trying different brands to find ones with a higher pH, these seemed to be around 8.6 which I'm sure is way too low.  The ones I got last time were around 9.1 so I guess I may be sticking with those.  The SU went well, there was A LOT of sperm that made it thru the mesh and into the EW after one hour, in fact I'd say it was near 50% in each (EW and sperm).   

Baby Boy 2010

Ready to think about mayb

Joined 7-Jan-09

Top Poster
9-Jul-09 11:38 am

Did you heat up the water to 150 then take from the heat and put the eggs in and left them in the water but off the heat for five mins ?

Did you then put them in the fridge till you need them ?

Glad they didn't cook for you this time , I'm hoping to try some tomorrow just need to get thermometer :)

Baby Girl10Baby Girl4Baby Girl1Heartbroken04/09 Baby Girl20weeks                                 TTC Baby Bear Boy MTH 9 BFP result = 30/05/10 Baby GirlLilypie First Birthday tickers

Page: of 3