Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

very new at this

Joined 11-Jul-07

11-Jul-07 1:48 pm

Hi,

My husband and I are going to try and get preg. soon. After having two boys, I really want a girl. I just started researching how to improve my odds and found it very overwhelming. I don't even understand all the abreviations you ladies use. Can someone email me about lime, vitex, mag. calcium, and whatever else I don't know about how to increase your offs of having a girl? I would appreciate your time helping me.

Thanks,

brooke

Joined 9-Dec-06

Top Poster
11-Jul-07 2:22 pm

Hiya & welcome!!  Most of the info you are looking for can be found in 'Girl Factors'. There's also a thread for the abreviations.

Good luck ttc (trying to conceive) pink.Good Luck Clover

Laura

Joined 9-May-07

Top Poster
11-Jul-07 2:39 pm

It can be very overwhelming.  I found this site on cycle day 6 of my first cycle ttc a girl, and dove in head first.  I learned so much so quickly!  I totally agree with the pp (previous poster)--the threads tacked at the top of this forum are a great place to start!

Good Luck! (Or GL! as we say around here.)Happy  LOL 

Baby Boy '02 Baby Boy '05 Content with my two!

Joined 18-Jan-07

Top Poster
11-Jul-07 2:40 pm
Hi and welcome.  You have come to the right place there is heaps and heaps of information and support.  GL
5 Baby Girl 4 Baby Girl Due 25th Sept 08

Joined 11-Jul-07

11-Jul-07 5:21 pm
Thank you so much! All of you girls make me feel so comfortable talking about all of this.

Joined 11-Jul-07

11-Jul-07 5:26 pm
Thank you for the reply. I think I'm obsessed with this website now. It will be exciting to see if it works. Were you trying for a girl the second go?

Joined 18-Jan-07

Top Poster
12-Jul-07 12:55 am

brookeleigh7:
Thank you for the reply. I think I'm obsessed with this website now. It will be exciting to see if it works. Were you trying for a girl the second go?

Hi brookeleigh - not sure if you were refering to me, so if you aren't sorry, but no, we were trying just to fall pregnant.  We have some fertility issues and dd#1 was conceived after 2yrs and our 5th IUI attempt and dd#2 was conceived naturally.  With her we knew I was about to O due to opk's so we just bded as much as we could as soon as I got a 2nd line.  In fact, I don't think that it was even a positive opk we just bd heaps and two weeks later pregnant. 

This will be our first attempt at a boy and since we only did our attempt today I am already feeling like I stuffed it by waiting too long.  GL.

5 Baby Girl 4 Baby Girl Due 25th Sept 08

I got my girl!!!!

Joined 16-Feb-07

Top Poster
12-Jul-07 1:38 am

brookeleigh7:

Hi Brooke,

Just wanted to say Hi & Welcome! Your post made me laugh - within days of finding this site I knew I was hooked totally obsessed! We are now in our 6th month of TTC our DD & I am still hooked. It is a great place to get all the info you need and if you are not sure of anything just ask! But you will also gets heaps of support from everybody else who is here!

Good Luck with your attempt - looking forward to getting to know you better xo

Baby Boy 1993 Baby Boy 1995 Baby Girl 2008

Joined 9-Dec-06

Top Poster
12-Jul-07 4:04 am
That's right once you find this site you become hooked! I have to have my daily fix. Lol. Happy  LOL

Laura

Joined 9-May-07

Top Poster
12-Jul-07 1:29 pm

I was quite hooked as soon as I found it.  At first it was because there was so much to learn.  Now it's because I want to check on my friends here! 

We did try to sway (using shettles) for several months when we were ttc last time, but never got pg.  Then we just decided to go for it and get what we could, and ended up with ds2!  I think, ultimately, with our fertility issues, that I'm going to realistically have to give up a lot of swaying techniques just so I have a decent chance of getting pg at all.

We're glad to have you among us! 

Baby Boy '02 Baby Boy '05 Content with my two!
Page: of 1