I responded to a post re: concerns about autism a few months ago and said that I had a short list of warning signs, but didn't know where it was. I found it:
"Alert your doctor if you notice any of these warning signs:
* by 2 to 3 months, your baby isn't making frequent eye contact
* by 3 months, he isn't smiling at you and the sound of your voice
* by 1 year, he isn't consistently turning to you when you call his name and beginning to wave bye-bye and babble back and forth with you.
* by 18 months, he isn't pointing to things he wants
* at any time, he shows a loss of any previously mastered skills
It's the consistent lack of interest in wanting to connect with others that defines autism, notes Chris Plauche Johnson, M.D."
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were big things. -- Robert Brault
"We either make ourselves miserable,
or we make ourselves strong.
The amount of work is the same."
"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."