Find the cheapest flight online at: http://www.expedia.com
( wil explain later why this site) and then:
- Dont book online.
- Pick up the Airline Company that has few flight per day for that destination. That way you can switch flights much easier with more return options with just one easy phone call.
- Go to the website of that company and get their tel. numbers for your country.
- Call them and try to book over phone. (+ 10 EUR per ticket on average.)
- Never book with fixed dates. We had 10 days but we returned home after six. We added days for extended stimulation. (If needed.)
- I rescheduled our flight home on the last day AFTER we were sure that transfer went OK. First chosen return-flight from the same company was fully booked, but the other one was half-full. Very easy to change the flight (+ 20 EUR per ticket on average to have an open option + 30 per change.)
- Remember the name of the sales agent that you are talking with and then:
- Reserve your flight seats but Inform them that you want make an 24 hours reservation. That means that you can cancel that reservation in 24 hours without any additional charges. Every day, call them again and cancel the reservation on your name , and immediately make the reservation on your husband name and so on …
- Yes, you should explain to the sales person and I am sure he will understand. Actually this might be “problem” for him only if the flight is fully booked. During your conversation, ask him about the status of the other flights from the same company for the same day. After few talks with your agent you will realize your “comfort zone” that you have. I booked with Turkish Airlines and the sale agent was informing me about the flight status, every day, after the first "cancelation". That way we booked two days before the flight.
The second way is to ask for the number of available seats every day and make a decision based on that and book online (extended dates again. )
TIP: On expedia,
you can click on “Preview seat availability” button and get the status of the seats available. The airline company must support that option.