First I would like to send out an apology to my Valentine Exchange person!! I was very time consumed with the birth of my daughter, and while I didn't forget, I couldn't get my gift out.
I was scheduled for a c-section on Feb 9th, and on the 4th I got a phone call saying they moved my date to the 8th. While I was on the phone, my water broke. But I didn't know it was my water, I thought I peed myself!! I waited that whole day, just thinking that she kept kicking my bladder. At 2:15AM on the 5th, I felt a huge gush. At 6:10AM I finally found a ride (I don't have a vehicle), and I headed to the hospital. By 11:00AM they had me on the operating table, and my husband JUST made it, he cruised the through the doors just as they were about to start cutting. Leona was born at 11:51AM, and she was given a clean bill of health, despite her dwarfism. She latched on to feed very well, and I was healing well. We were sent home. We weren't even out of the hospital before she had a snuffly nose, and I was told it was left over mucus and stuff from the birth. We went back to the hospital a few days later, and they told me they wouldn't admit her because RSV was so rampant, it would be safer for her at home. So we went home. The next night I was getting ready to feed her and she turned blue. She couldn't breathe. I rushed her to the hospital and they told me she definately had bronchiolitis, possibly RSV. They sent us to Stratford. London was still full, wouldn't take us. Stratford took us and she tested positive for RSV. We were in there with a handfull of other children, all who went home after about 2 days time. A week went by and I started pushing for answers. I once again told them about the possibility of an immune deficiency, and they finally took me seriously. Sick Kids in Toronto was called and bloodwork began. Blood tests came back that she does in fact have an immune problem. We were then put in isolation. My pediatrician did not feel as though he were qualified enough, and wanted her sent to TO. Toronto wouldn't take us either, because THEY were full with RSV children. We had to get on a waiting list. I was so frustrated, she was turning blue daily, and no one would take us. So we stayed put in Stratford under the direction of Toronto. WELL we finally got released yesterday. She developed pnemonia, which she's still battling. She's still turning blue in the middle of the night, but they showed me how to get her breathing again. They said there was nothing they could do for her that I couldn't do. So once she could keep her oxygen saturation levels up we were sent home. Now we are home and are waiting more test results. Leona is here, I love her to pieces, but its been a bumpy ride!! Once I have internet in my home again, I will post pictures. If anyone would like to speak to me or msg me, you can email me at email@example.com and I can get the email on my phone!!! I hope everyone is well, I can't wait to see some beautiful babies!!