I've been so stressed out lately, and honestly- thought I'd jinx things if I posted...so I had been avoiding it. Ha! Well, I finally decided that things weren't going too good as it was, so clearly my NOT posting wasn't helping me. Might as well share, because at least getting the opinions of women who understand makes me feel better.
So you might remember, I had transferred 7 frozen embryos into our new clinic from our old one (that helped us conceive our daughter)...and long story short, only two were able to be biopsied, and we had one normal girl and no normal boys. Boo.... but it just so happened the GSN results came in on the EXACT day I'd need to start a fresh IVF cycle, so I did, immediately.
Lots has happened since then. I got all my meds and realized they were different than one I'd used on my previous successful cycle. I should have said something right THEN, but chose not to. I figured they were probably just a different brand name for the same drug. Wrong. Doc had decided to switch me and protocol was entirely different, which would be fine if my results were anywhere near as good as they were last time, but so far, not even close.
Three years ago, my AMH was .76 (low) and my antral follicle count was 10 (low). We got 12 eggs on that old protocol, 10 were mature, all 10 fertilized normally and 9 made it to blastocyst!
Now, my AMH is 1 (improved to a normal range!?) and my antral follicle count was 18! (great!). As of today, they're saying I'll only get 4-6 eggs at retrieval. :-(
I NEED opinions!!!!
As of today, after 10 days of stims I have 1 follicle at 19, 1 @ 18, 1 @ 15, 1 @ 14, and 2 @ 13... and some smaller... the plan is to stim today and tomorrow (total of 12 days) then trigger tomorrow night for a Saturday retrieval...though depending on my E2 level- they MAY ask me to trigger tonight instead.
Assuming we get 5 mature eggs, and they all fertilize normally like last time, with my age of 33, I've been quoted that roughly half will be normal through GSN... meaning 2-3 normal and then we need to pray for a boy. Sigh
My question to you ladies is this- if you were me, would you go forward with this cycles 4-6 eggs and hope and pray it turned out, or would you cancel this cycle - lose out on the cost of meds only- and try again in a couple months with the OLD protocol, hoping to get more eggs? I don't think I can afford to do this twice right now. I'd have to wait until next spring to afford it again if I go forward with this cycle.
I wish this weren't all so stressful. :-(
All advice appreciated. Thanks ladies!!!