I'm afraid I don't have the greatest report. Of the 10 they got, only 6 were mature. 4 fertilized. My nurse said that when you have less than 5 fertilize Dr. P might want us to consider doing a 3-day transfer and skipping PGD because we could lose all of them in the process. I don't know what our sort purity is yet. We won't know til tomorrow. I can't believe we could do all of this with the hopes of 100% gender guarantee and still be rolling the dice on an unknown transfer. I'm not sure I can do that. So tomorrow we have to look at where the embies are at and what the purity is and decide. I'm having a rough time tonight. I got this call right as we were walking into Legoland and I've been putting on a brave face all day. Now that we are back, I'm feeling the tears welling up. I keep telling myself that we aren't out of this yet and all 4 could be "rock star" embryos. But I'm very worried too.
I really don't think I can bring myself to do a 3-day transfer. Which means going forward with PGD and possibly ending up with a no transfer. I want that 100% gender guarantee SOOOOOOO bad. That's why I have done all of this. I wanted to be able to take a big sigh of relief and love every minute of my pregnancy. I always thought IUI would work for us but 90% sort purity wasn't good enough. Fate always seems to relish throwing me curve balls. If there is a tiny chance of a side effect or other outcome, I always get that. So if there is a 10% chance of a boy, that would be me too. I'm sorry but I am having a little pity party tonight.
I have so many questions for Dr P tomorrow. Like what's the percentage of embies that don't survive PGD? Can you get false abnormal results, like a false positive? Meaning the embryo tests abnormal but isn't. How do they judge 3-day embies to decide if they can handle PGD? And if we did end up with a no transfer, how soon would I cycle again and what would we do differently?
Just to add to my evening, I dropped the glass vial of progesterone and it shattered on the floor. Damn! At least I have more but that was $70 of medication. Grrrrr Plus I got sunburned today at Legoland. I'm on doxycycline which makes you more sensitive to the sun. I was wearing 50 spf waterproof sunblock and I still burnt. Sheesh!