I'm back from my first appointment with Dr. P. Gosh I was so nervous going in there. I don't know what I expected. Big golden gates or something but it's just a regular doctors office. Busy too! I got all gussied up to meet Dr. P only to find that my u/s was first. That meant I had to meet him for the first time naked from the waist down. Just me and my naked buns on the exam bed with a paper sheet. Sigh.... at least my hair looked good. That was weird and kind of hard to concentrate on the questions I had. But I made it work.
My u/s showed that my left ovary is pumping out follicles like a champ. At least 6 good ones and 2 that may get big enough. My right one is slacking off. It maybe had 2-3 good follicles and 2-3 more that are a bit small. There was some discussion about stimming for one more day to help the small ones catch up but the big ones on the left side could get too big. He decided to have me do one last dose of gonal-f and menopur this afternoon and my HCG shot is tonight at 10:30PM. Woooo hooooo He said if my embies get to good blast stage and I put 2 back, I have a 75% chance of conceiving. WOW! But as we all know, a lot of gals make up that 25% so I'm trying to stay focused on the positive. I don't know what my E2 is yet.
After my time with Dr. P, I got dressed and met my coordinator for the first time. She's so nice! We went over the rest of my meds and discovered that Freedom Pharmacy never sent my estradiol to take after ER. Ahhhhhh! So I called them and it turns out I should have been told a month ago that estradiol is on a national back order and you can't get this particular kind. Frantic call to HRC to have them call in something else followed by a frantic call back to the pharmacy to make sure they ship to my hotel and not my home. It's finally all settled. I'll get 2 bottles of 10 ml estradiol instead of 1 bottle of 20 ml and I'll have to inject myself with twice as much. Whatever as long as it works!
Then I drove to Laguna Beach which is absolutely gorgeous! I parked next to the ocean and gave myself those last two stim shots. Gosh I felt like a druggie shooting up in my car! But my hotel was an hour away and I wasn't going back there in time. It was a peaceful place to contemplate this whole process. Happy Wink
BTW there is a sign in the lobby of HRC now that asks you not to bring your kids FYI. There is also a notice that you can dispose of your needles in a sharps container in your regular trash here in Orange County. Good to know because I wasn't sure what to do with those. I had no trouble flying with my meds and I bought a sharps container at a pharmacy down here for $7.
I am so bloated it's uncomfortable to walk. I had a ticket to go watch them film The Tonight Show but that meant another hours drive and sitting in the studio for 3 hours. I just couldn't do it even though that would have been so much fun. I don't know how some of the ladies did Disneyland at this point!