After calling the billing Dept at my RE's office to find out what my FET would cost, they decided to tell me I owed over $7,000 for my 1st and 2nd cycles???? I paid the RE's office $12,085 for my first cycle, this would give me 4 chances at pregnancy, I would have one natural cycle and 3 FET, all included in that price, it also included all b/w, monitoring and office vivits. Luck would have it that we had 2 male embies and only had 1 female embie and she was our worst looking embie, that resulted in a chemical pregnancy. We cycled again and paid for the single cycle $8,400, we did have 3 female embies this time and we put back 2, our 3rd embie grew another day and was strong enough to freeze,so we paid another $1,000 to have her cryopreserved and stored for 6 months, we put back 2 and had a frosty to fall back on.
I never even thought I would be coming to get her.
We got our BFP and it lasted about 9 weeks, I had a D&C a little over 10 weeks.
Talk about throwing salt in a wound my Re's billing dept is trying to charge me for things we never even heard of they said they were extras, the only extras I was told about was ICSI and embryo glue, and we were told by our Re that we did not need either one. so we should not have been charged any extras...
It took months, and many phone calls, I finally got threw to the person in charge of all of billing and he cleared it all up, so now we were back to owing nothing. In my attempt to figure out what was paid I did find out that my RE's billing Dept charged our insurance for things we had paid for, and my insurtance company paid them, My insurance company said they would pay for blood work and monitoring and nothing else, yet they paid for office visits, testing, monitoring, blood work, even part of my egg retrieval and embryo transfer..... I had already paid package prices to my RE, so they were getting paid by both of us, We had paid them a total of $21,484(we also paid $8400 for the PGD, to a seperate lab) and my insurance company paid them well over $10,000. Now since I did have insurance to cover the monitoring I knew they would go through them for that, but the more research I did the more I found out that those things should be covered through the packages we paid for.
I just found out that my RE's office now says we have a credit, and it should be more than enough to pay for our FET, and probably they will owe us $, and If our embie doesn't survive the FET, we will not be charged, so I guess this is a sign to overcome my fears and go get my SNOW BABY!!!!!!
Here we go again!!!!
Now I am not going to get my hopes up I keep telling myself, she has a 25% chance she will not survive the thaw, and I am not sure what the chances of 1 frosty taking is, but I am sure it would be better if we had more... That being said it seems like a slim chance we would be successful... but I have to admit I have this tiny glimmer of hope, but I keep pushing it down, I don't know if my heart could take anymore sorrow over this and I think it best if I protect myself before... So if it does work than great!!!!
and if it doesn't we then have the closure we need to walk away from this high tech journey.
I just pray to God that I will be blessed with a Daughter. I hear good things come to those who wait, and I have been waiting a long, long time.
Please let this be my turn for a happy ending, please Lord bless me with a daughter.