This is still the very best article describing MicroSort:
- Getting the Girl
Jul-2000, New York Times
- Scientific aspects of preconception gender selection
Mar-2005, Reproductive Biomedicine
- People Magazine
March 1, 2004 Issue
Current issue of People contains this article: "Science solves the challenge of deciding a baby's gender before mom gets pregnant — but raises serious questions. " Sorry, I couldn't find the article online.
- Newsweek: Girl or Boy? Now you can choose.
"But should you?" Newsweek discusses the ethical dilemmas posed by scientific sex selection.
- MicroSort Featured on "Early Show" on CBS
CBS News, Jul-2002
Features the lovely family of Lizette from the Gender
Determination board, and includes a link to the video from the segment.
- "MicroSort: Technology separates the boys from the girls"
INCIID Newsletter, Jun-2002
By Keith Blauer, MicroSort CEO and Medical Director, and
David Karabinus, MicroSort Scientific Director
A brief summary of how MicroSort works. [Sorry, article is no longer online.]
- "The ratio of X- and Y-bearing sperm cells in discordant offspring gender families"
- MicroSort Publication, Sep-2001
Analysis of sperm samples shows that the ratio of
male- to female-producing sperm is 50/50 --
even among fathers who have 4 or more daughters only, or 4 or more sons only! (See other MicroSort publications as well.)
- >"Going for the Girl"
- Parenting Magazine, May-2001, Kathy des Jardins
The author, a mother of 4 sons, describes her own MicroSort experience.
- "So, You Want A Girl?"
- Fortune Magazine, Feb-2001, Meredith Wadman
An extensive article describing MicroSort technology and potential ethical issues with sex selection.
- Maureen's MicroSort Expenses
- Oct-2000, By Maureen
Your mileage will vary, but here is every expense incurred a single MicroSort attempt, right down to airport parking.
(Gee, I got 5 stars! ;-)
- "Gender Vending"
- BabyTalk Magazine, Apr-2000, Linda Weber
A nice overview comparing the success rate, cost, and eligibility of PGD, MicroSort, Ericsson, Shettles, and Whelan.
- "High Tech Gender Selection:
What You Need to Know to Decide If It's For You"
This article is far too brief to actually fulfill the promise in its title, but it does make a couple of important points. Compares Ericsson and MicroSort.
- "Special delivery: Science is perfecting a way to select the sex of your next child"
- USA Today Weekend Magazine, May-1999
A shallow but pleasant article which gee-whizzes over MicroSort.
- "Artificial Sex Selection in Today’s Fertility Clinics: Human Sperm Sorting by Means of Flow Cytometry"
- Goshen College Department of Biology, Senior Seminar, Nov-1999
History of sperm sorting, technical description of the technique and its applications, and a discussion of possible future repercussions and ethical questions.
- "Gender Selection: The Latest Techniques for Choosing the Sex of Your Child
- ParenthoodWeb.com, Dec-1998
Introduces MicroSort and compares it to Ericsson and Shettles.
- "It's a Girl! Is sex selection the first step to
- Science News, Nov-1998
Could sex selection lead to an overpopulation of boys? (Um, who would give birth to them?)
- "Boy? Girl? Up to You"
- Time Magazine, Sep-1998
An introduction to MicroSort. (Article is no longer online.)
- "Researchers report success with sex-selection method"
- CNN, Sep-1998
an audio clip of Edward Fugger, MicroSort developer